302w

Campgrounds

I've got the camping bug.. it's a little too early for May but one can plan.

I need a campground. Somewhere that allows alcohol, reservations, BYO firewood, and west of the Delaware (PA) or north of 80 in the PRNJ. Woodsy is a requirement. Real bathrooms are a plus for my GF.

I've been to Cedar Ridge in Montague. It's okay but kinda seedy. Greatly prefer PA so I can keep a shotgun in my truck.

KOA and state campgrounds don't allow booze. No I will not mix firearms and booze.

Suggestions?

Bring firewood in a container of some sort. They won't know and won't check. Then buy one stack at the campground so you at least pretend to be burning their wood.

That is how we do it at times also but we don't stack it out just move it from truck as needed.  And yes some and each year more will check. But not all.  

Do A search online for PA campgrounds and you will find plenty of good info for CGs. PA and NJ both have very good guides for free in most all Rv sales places and CG.

I've got the camping bug.. it's a little too early for May but one can plan.

I need a campground. Somewhere that allows alcohol, reservations, BYO firewood, and west of the Delaware (PA) or north of 80 in the PRNJ. Woodsy is a requirement. Real bathrooms are a plus for my GF.

I've been to Cedar Ridge in Montague. It's okay but kinda seedy. Greatly prefer PA so I can keep a shotgun in my truck.

KOA and state campgrounds don't allow booze. No I will not mix firearms and booze.

Suggestions?

Look into private for libations. There is an awesome one near the the Grand Canyon of pa.

I jus can't think of the name....

As for firewood, I bring mine covered or look up local places and pick it up. I never ever buy campground stock.

Be quiet and respectful and keep ask your beverages out of sight or in plastic cups and the rangers will never bother you. Plenty of other idiots being loud and or running around with open labeled containers for them to focus on.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Check out mountain Creek campground. I go there whenever I go to Carlisle for car shows. I've met some really cool people there just by walking around or by our similar taste in music. They have a poker run in the campground where every stop has a different shot for you to drink! That was a blast