Sign in to follow this  
PK90

Ruger Precision Rifle Recall

Ill have to check mine. Pretty sure mine isn't exposed aluminum, though, i think it's the poly one.
My RPR also has an issue where something on the stock wasnt tight and the stock shifted forward due to recoil, resulting in the throw lever for one of the adjustments getting stuck inside one of the cutouts in the stock.. so i can't move the stock... so its basically stuck in the position i need it for myself. Ill have to find time to sit down and fix that issue someday, hopefully without doing damage... lol

i have the 308 model Gen1. I love it, other than a few minor issues. First, my stock shifted and one of the throw levers for front to back stock movement is now stuck inside one of the cutouts in the aluminum part of the butt plate (going to have to try to disassemble the throw lever or something). Its also fairly jumpy compared to my 3006 savage bolt gun which just pushes straight back but a brake will fix that.

The serial number of my .223 RPR is in the affected range. I filed online for the replacement part, so I'm just waiting on the new shroud to arrive. In the meantime, I'm swapping out the factory stock with a Magpul PRS and the grip with a Larue A-PEG (the factory grip feels too narrow for me)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk