Mrs. Peel

Miniature Firearms - Anyone Have Them? Willing to post pics?

Yeah, I know... these articles are dated. Forgive me, but when I searched the topic on NJGF... no matches come up, so I figured I'd share them anyway... 

Since I was a kid, I've been endlessly fascinated by anything created in miniature... (dollhouses, model cars/trains/planes/ships, ivory carvings, antique salesman samples, terrariums & bottle gardens)... I just love them all!  :wub:  Not only because miniatures are totes adorbs(!)... but I simply appreciate that arguably there's a higher level of craftsmanship (and patience) required to build on a miniaturized scale. Sometimes the people who do this even need to design or adapt tools and techniques... and often they're working under a jeweler's loupe or other magnifying device. It just boggles my mind!

Link: http://americanshootingjournal.com/size-matters-the-world-of-miniature-firearms/

Link: https://www.washingtontimes.com/multimedia/collection/its-not-size-matters-tiny-guns/

So, do any of you have miniatures in your gun collection? I know @GRIZ has some "mouse guns" - and he had one firearm that looked like it might meet the definition of "miniature" - so I'm calling him out. If any of you are willing, please share pics of your mini guns! Thanks. :D

1 minute ago, Tunaman said:

Wow!  I had no idea that there were so many different ones.  That  1911 is the cats meow.  Thanks for sharing that link!

Yeah, right? I really like that one too. :D According to the article, there's a miniature firearms exhibit booth at the big NRA show each year. That would be something to see!

They have to shoot or just be functional? Cause I got a couple that if you put on a backdrop, you might not be able to tell. Have to see if I can get a shot of them. All scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Yeah, I know... these articles are dated. Forgive me, but when I searched the topic on NJGF... no matches come up, so I figured I'd share them anyway... 

Since I was a kid, I've been endlessly fascinated by anything created in miniature... (dollhouses, model cars/trains/planes/ships, ivory carvings, antique salesman samples, terrariums & bottle gardens)... I just love them all!  :wub:  Not only because miniatures are totes adorbs(!)... but I simply appreciate that arguably there's a higher level of craftsmanship (and patience) required to build on a miniaturized scale. Sometimes the people who do this even need to design or adapt tools and techniques... and often they're working under a jeweler's loupe or other magnifying device. It just boggles my mind!

Link: http://americanshootingjournal.com/size-matters-the-world-of-miniature-firearms/

Link: https://www.washingtontimes.com/multimedia/collection/its-not-size-matters-tiny-guns/

So, do any of you have miniatures in your gun collection? I know @GRIZ has some "mouse guns" - and he had one firearm that looked like it might meet the definition of "miniature" - so I'm calling him out. If any of you are willing, please share pics of your mini guns! Thanks. :D

I dont have any that are really "miniature".  The one you're referring to is a North American Arms SA revolver.  It fits in a cigarette pack and while its utility is questionable it is the ultimate hideout that I've carried on occasion.

I've got a few 22s and 25s.  While some will dismiss them,  I share Skeeter Skelton"s opinion.  Not the thing to get in a gunfight with but you might be able to bluff your way out.  Watch the Reagan assassination attempt and watch how the SS, DC Metro, and James Brady go down.  They were hit with 22s.  Generally 25s areally more reliable although I have 22s that are the same.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

I also have the NAA .22LR. I carried it once and somehow it made me feel inadequate to say the least! Griz, I have a .22 magnum cylinder for the NAA that you can have if you need it. It won't fit my LR version :)

I have both cylinders for mine.  Thanks for the offer but save it for someone that needs it.

55 minutes ago, bhunted said:

They have to shoot or just be functional? Cause I got a couple that if you put on a backdrop, you might not be able to tell. Have to see if I can get a shot of them. All scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they go pew-pew... it's better, of course. But even if they don't, post them anyway!

I'll see if I can get some pics but a good friend of mine makes working, to scale minitures of black powder guns as well as many other miniature things such as rod and reels. For those who have Facebook you might be as to see some of his stuff, his name is Capt. Nat Ewer of singer island flordia. 

2 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

He's a real craftsman obviously! Beautiful work.

He's a retired fishing boat captan who is completely self taught and makes a living tinkering in his garage and selling at craft shows. Thankfully he has taken the time over the years to teach me a thing or two. 

• Like 2