JerseyJim

Top rail adapters

I am interested in using a top rail adapter for semiauto 9mm.  (see the attached example)  We would like to have the option of using a reflex sight with a standard service type auto (Glock 17, Walther PPQ).

Does anyone have experience with these sort of adapters?  Are they reliable, safe and keep the zero intact?

Adapter.jpg

I had the adapter from your photo, it did not hold zero between shots on an m&p_9pro.  I tried another where the open split was on the top rail, worked better. The problem is the dot is very high over the slide. I then switched to a dovetail mount, they are much much better (I think that was from speed shooter specialties, I still have it but it’s for an m&p). I found I liked shooting open so I had my slide carved to imbed the Trijicon. 

Also check out Carver, they make some better mounts as well. I have their comp/kkm setup.  https://www.bb-enterprise.biz/

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• NJGF members in chat (2)

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By medved11
      Vortex Viper 6-24x50 with VMR-1 reticle Glass is 99% (I would never say 100% if it's not straight out of the box from the factory) Scope body is 85-95% (some minor wear - see picture link below for details) MOA/MOA adjustments Bikini cover, zero stop shim kit, cleaning cloth, and sun shade included (no original box) Link to full specs:http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-viper-hs-t-6-24x50-riflescope-with-vmr-1-moa-reticle/reticle Two Pricing Options:
      $415 shipped including the Vortex Precision Matched rings (Medium Height) that are shown in the pictures $375 shipped for just the scope and the accessories listed above The scope is listed on multiple sites, so please post a. "I'll take it" and send me a PM if you'd like to take the scope. The first unconditional "I'll take it" wins
      Pictures Link:
      http://imgur.com/a/VEA3GA6

• By medved11
      Primary Arms 1-6X24mm SFP Rifle Scope GEN III - Illuminated K.I.S.S. Reticle
      SOLD for a local pick-up but willing to ship USPS with tracking for actual cost Excellent condition - was mounted in an ADM Recon mount and used only a few times Comes as shown - no original packaging, so I prefer a face-to-face transaction in order to avoid shipping w/o original packaging Link to Primary Arms site to show rectile: https://www.primaryarms.com/pa1-6x24sfp-kiss The scope is now cross-posted, so please post an "I'll take it" followed by a PM

• By medved11
      Bushnell Elite 3200 Rifle Scope
      SOLD for local pick-up. Willing to ship for actual cost USPS with tracking Model 32-1040M 10x40mm Mil-dot recticle 1" tube Matte black with subdued windage and elevation markings Rain-guard multicoated lens Link to Description on Bushnell's site: http://bushnell.eu/eu/produits/All/riflescopes/elite-3200/321040m/ Comes as shown with some minor ring marks (see photo) Willing to consider reasonable offers  

• By medved11
      Vortex Precision Matched Rings
      SOLD Matte Black Ring Height: High (1.26”) Tube Diameter: 30mm Excellent condition with only some paint pen markings on the interior so that I wouldn’t mix up the pair components. Comes as shown (no original packaging) Perfect rings for mounting a 50mm objective lens on a chassis gun (this pair came off of my Tikka TAC-A1) *Located in Hillsborough area but can also meet in the Parsippany area during the week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • By medved11
      Up for sale (price shown includes shipping via USPS with tracking number if needed)
      (1) Midwest Industries Tavor Riser Rail -  SOLD Very good condition (some very minor wear marks from optics mount) Will work on any picatinny rail (these were designed with the Tavor in mind to give optics a 1/4" height adjustment but will work on any rifle) Product Code: MI-TRR Link to manufacturer website for full details: https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/MI-Tavor-Riser-Rail-p/mi-trr.htm Midwest Industries Tavor Riser Rails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• @Ray Ray brother, you know I love ya but I'm afraid your taste is all in your mouth.  This is what Shockwave perfection looks like.  True, it's not as utilitarian as one decked out with lasers and lights and marine coating.  But. aesthetically, this is what perfection looks like.
    • I visited my enabler this evening to pick-up the S&W 296 Ti that I previously wrote about. In the normal course of events I asked him what was new. Seems that they got some very nice guns from an estate of a local veterinarian - one of which I bought, but that's fodder for another thread. He pointed me to three rifles on the rack. These still had the hang tags on them and had never been fired.  All three were Browning / Winchester / Miroku recreations. They are (stock photos): A Model 95 in .30-06 A Model 1886 in .45-70 A Model 71 in .348 Winchester They are all priced fairly - but not for the feint of heart. If there is any sincere interest in any of these, PM me and I'll give you the contact info for my FFL.  Just a disclaimer - I have no vested interest in these guns or this dealer - this is just a PSA. Adios, Pizza Bob 
    • I fear all governments want that, we are just leading the way.
    • Well I said on an earlier thread I want this over with.  Ginsberg aside, I'm ready for it all.  I want it brought to the SCOTUS the sooner the better.  I'm tired of all this nickle and diming with petty suits and want it all to go.  Tear it off like a band-aid. So go ahead and pass this crap.  I donate regularly and I'll donate more for the fight.  I want the freedoms to enjoy before I die.   I the mean time: STOCK THE "F" UP!! Every spare piece of change in your jars should go toward ammo.  

Important Information