OK, you can start with this one, here's one from the Reddit board, talk about scary....
So you think the 10 round mag questions and the new law are silly?
Go read the responses on that thread, one guy wants to know if laminating your FID card voids it.... even more scary stuff...

Ick! [emoji37]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, mossburger said:

Can a legally retarded person own a gun? I want to say the answer is no...

Is there such a thing as an illegally retarded person?  Is there a list of NJ legal levels of retardation?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sniper22 said:

OK, you can start with this one, here's one from the Reddit board, talk about scary....

So you think the 10 round mag questions and the new law are silly?

Go read the responses on that thread, one guy wants to know if laminating your FID card voids it.... even more scary stuff...

I firmly believe that some of these questions are deliberately posed to draw out and expose those who would post stupid things about us and our stuff. Much like they do with kids and pervs. 

1 hour ago, BobA said:

I firmly believe that some of these questions are deliberately posed to draw out and expose those who would post stupid things about us and our stuff. Much like they do with kids and pervs. 

I believe, after reading lots of things on Reddit, that these people are really this stupid. There's no doubt, the population is getting dumber, thanks to smartphones and social media. The current Millennial population is proof of that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BobA said:

It's possible, yes, but the reality is that for most people in most of the country, guns really aren't a big deal. You buy one for self defense, or fun, or hunting, and it's just another object you own. The majority of gun owners aren't bigtime enthusiasts, activists, etc. In fact the only times you meet people who know all the ins and outs of gun laws tend to just be in states like NJ, NY, CA etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sniper22 said:

I believe, after reading lots of things on Reddit, that these people are really this stupid. There's no doubt, the population is getting dumber, thanks to smartphones and social media. The current Millennial population is proof of that.

Or it could be that someone is new to firearms and just got their FPID and P2P. We know N.J. laws are purposefully vague and they’re are bound to have questions. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Or it could be that someone is new to firearms and just got their FPID and P2P. We know N.J. laws are purposefully vague and they’re are bound to have questions. 

Well the stupid part there is that these are all questions one would normally have asked before applying. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Valid point.

its not like this stuff is taught in school... anymore.

13 minutes ago, BobA said:

Well the stupid part there is that these are all questions one would normally have asked before applying. 

Perhaps. Or maybe the question didn’t dawn on them until they got the permits.  “Oh, wait, this is just a piece of paper?  I thought it would be like a license. Can I laminate it?”  Now the issue of when FPID vs P2P are needed should have been known since that detail is fairly clear on The Stste Police website. 

Perhaps the SP and r/NJGuns should link to the sticky thread here?

1 hour ago, voyager9 said:

Perhaps. Or maybe the question didn’t dawn on them until they got the permits.

I doubt it. It's not like the FID and P2P paperwork is a single small postcard form that's quickly filled out. If someone is smart enough to fill out all that bullshit correctly and get approved, they should know most of the answers to those questions.

..."Do ammos go bad or stale or expire ?"     "ammos"??? Really??

Maybe reading isn't his first natural skill learned... if he looked at the top of his P2P, it says "Permit to Purchase a Handgun". Ammo isn't even mentioned anywhere. Also, most people I know, who applied for permits, already did a bunch of "window shopping" while waiting for their permits to be approved. One would think some of those questions would have come up during that research.

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

its not like this stuff is taught in school... anymore.

Was it ever?

1 minute ago, Sniper22 said:

I doubt it. It's not like the FID and P2P paperwork isn't a single small postcard form. If someone is smart enough to fill out all that bullshit correctly and get approved, they should know most of the answers to those questions.

..."Do ammos go bad or stale or expire ?"     "ammos"??? Really??

Maybe reading isn't his first natural skill learned... if he looked at the top of his P2P, it says "Permit to Purchase a Handgun". Ammo isn't even mentioned anywhere. Also, most people I know, who applied for permits, already did a bunch of "window shopping" while waiting for their permits to be approved. One would think some of those questions would have come up during that research.

FPID is required to purchase handgun ammo. So while ammo is not mentioned anywhere, it is needed...sometimes. 

1 minute ago, voyager9 said:

FPID is required to purchase handgun ammo.

Not where I buy it.

1 minute ago, voyager9 said:

So while ammo is not mentioned anywhere, it is needed...sometimes. 

But he thought he needed the Handgun P2P to buy ammo.

4 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

Not where I buy it.

But he thought he needed the Handgun P2P to buy ammo.

We could argue semantics. My point was it seemed like someone new to firearms so questions like that should be tolerated and answered.  “You should fucking know that already, N00b” doesn’t seem to be an inviting way to welcome a newcomer. 

Now, “this has been answered 1000 times. There is a fucking search button, n00b!” Would be acceptable. 

Either way, it’s Reddit. Answering obvious questions is the surest path to karma.