njarider

Brick Armory in Lakewood

Getting back to loading guns behind the firing line: You can not always assure that someone will keep the gun pointed in a safe direction back there. Much higher chance of a muzzle sweep and peoples itchy fingers on the trigger. As an NRA Instructor, these are the first three rules that we teach and follow:

If you only followed these three, everyone would be safe. Of course, the other 7-10 rules follow these.

1. ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.

This is the primary rule of gun safety. A safe direction means that the gun is pointed so that even if it were to go off it would not cause injury or damage. The key to this rule is to control where the muzzle or front end of the barrel is pointed at all times. Common sense dictates the safest direction, depending on different circumstances.

2. ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.

When holding a gun, rest your finger on the trigger guard or along the side of the gun. Until you are actually ready to fire, do not touch the trigger.

3. ALWAYS keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.

Whenever you pick up a gun, immediately engage the safety device if possible, and, if the gun has a magazine, remove it before opening the action and looking into the chamber(s) which should be clear of ammunition. If you do not know how to open the action or inspect the chamber(s), leave the gun alone and get help from someone who does

P.S. I've been swept by a muzzle many times, and it happens most often in gun shops by new gun buyers. I always let them know about it even if it hurts some feelings. It's your duty to bring unsafe practices to the RSO's attention before someone's day is ruined. Firearms safety is a state of mind that has to be thought about at all times when handling guns. Be vigilant about it. OK, OK, I'll stop ranting.

Mitch

Guest Bravo 6

Yea I had a few issues with them. Had some mags Bushmaster mags changed over from 10 to 15rds, they did not work right, basically messed them up. Also my father purchases a rifle form the me a few years back, they did not give him a copy of the COE, I told him to go back and get it. They told him he did not need it. My Father showed them a copy of one he had from a previous sale where it said yellow copy was to be given to the purchaser. We have never went back since.

yeah, I talked to John, he was saying he was going to be updating their website... we will see when it happens.

From what they told me they had problems with the original designer, so they had to change the domain and everything when they hired a new person to create their site.

Yea I had a few issues with them. Had some mags Bushmaster mags changed over from 10 to 15rds, they did not work right, basically messed them up. Also my father purchases a rifle form the me a few years back, they did not give him a copy of the COE, I told him to go back and get it. They told him he did not need it. My Father showed them a copy of one he had from a previous sale where it said yellow copy was to be given to the purchaser. We have never went back since.

Not suprising at all. They will never get a dimes worth of business from me EVER!!

yeah, I talked to John, he was saying he was going to be updating their website... we will see when it happens.

From what they told me they had problems with the original designer, so they had to change the domain and everything when they hired a new person to create their site.

eh, growing pains. Its not like the old site, er the current one is that high tech. Get a kid out of high school to do it for $100 and you are all set. Probly have a better site than any professionals.

eh, growing pains. Its not like the old site, er the current one is that high tech. Get a kid out of high school to do it for $100 and you are all set. Probly have a better site than any professionals.

They should get in touch with someone from the vocational school or talk to an instructor at OCC that teaches web designer. I guarantee one of those students would love to make a legit webpage.

With their current webpage the picture on the bottom right is that from the opposite side of the gun cases. When getting buzzed in i have only gone left.

Getting back to loading guns behind the firing line: You can not always assure that someone will keep the gun pointed in a safe direction back there. Much higher chance of a muzzle sweep and peoples itchy fingers on the trigger. As an NRA Instructor, these are the first three rules that we teach and follow:

If you only followed these three, everyone would be safe. Of course, the other 7-10 rules follow these.

1. ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.

This is the primary rule of gun safety. A safe direction means that the gun is pointed so that even if it were to go off it would not cause injury or damage. The key to this rule is to control where the muzzle or front end of the barrel is pointed at all times. Common sense dictates the safest direction, depending on different circumstances.

2. ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.

When holding a gun, rest your finger on the trigger guard or along the side of the gun. Until you are actually ready to fire, do not touch the trigger.

3. ALWAYS keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.

Whenever you pick up a gun, immediately engage the safety device if possible, and, if the gun has a magazine, remove it before opening the action and looking into the chamber(s) which should be clear of ammunition. If you do not know how to open the action or inspect the chamber(s), leave the gun alone and get help from someone who does

P.S. I've been swept by a muzzle many times, and it happens most often in gun shops by new gun buyers. I always let them know about it even if it hurts some feelings. It's your duty to bring unsafe practices to the RSO's attention before someone's day is ruined. Firearms safety is a state of mind that has to be thought about at all times when handling guns. Be vigilant about it. OK, OK, I'll stop ranting.

Mitch

It's not a rant. It's the truth.

just an FYI, there are quite a few NJGF targets hanging on the wall with the other 8 by 11 targets, in the other room, the one with all the big targets and the rest rooms.

fyi.

Saw them there after shooting today, caught a glipse out of the corner of my eye, someone shooting 6 stalls down at NJGF targets. I thought it was a board member. =)

Sorry if this question has been asked before, I have failed to find it either on this board or their website. What does it cost (not including ammo) to walk on to shoot at BA? And what are the costs to join membership there as well? I am familiar with the area, as I have been to SS a few times. I just haven't had the chance to go to BA yet.

Sorry if this question has been asked before, I have failed to find it either on this board or their website. What does it cost (not including ammo) to walk on to shoot at BA? And what are the costs to join membership there as well? I am familiar with the area, as I have been to SS a few times. I just haven't had the chance to go to BA yet.

If I am not mistaking it's $18 /hr to walk onto BA.. Memberships vary, I will find my paper if no one chimes in.. but it varies based on if you choose pistol only, or pistol & rifle and then family prices.

Anyone have a membership for pistol and rifle and want to say what they paid?

If not I understand, I can call and find out.

-Scott

If i recall correctly it was $250 for pistol and $300 for pistol and rifle.

Yea, I'm thinking I'll have to stop by BA incognito sometime in the next month or so. I've burned more then I would want to admit at SS... and it would be good to anchor down finally. Citizen does have its appeal considering it is literally 5-7 minutes away (depending on the lights), but the horror stories really turn me off from even attempting the process. We'll see I suppose.