Ray Ray

Mossberg MC1 SC

Wow, Glock mags and Sig sights, models with or without safeties.  An MSRP of $425 means this will be very affordable. Did not see this coming from Mossberg. Will get one once they become readily available and the price is stable (still waiting on this to happen with Sig P365)

11 minutes ago, Oakridgefirearms said:

I just got one of these in if anyone wants one.

Whats the going rate on it?

It's an interesting gun for sure.  Yes, it does come apart differently and let's you easily clean the firing pin... but at the end of the day, it is yet another plastic pocket pistol.

I think there are a few videos of us shooting at shot show... no one in our group was really impressed from what I recall.  I did have one on order with Mossberg to do a full media review.

1 hour ago, Maksim said:

Whats the going rate on it?

It's an interesting gun for sure.  Yes, it does come apart differently and let's you easily clean the firing pin... but at the end of the day, it is yet another plastic pocket pistol.

I think there are a few videos of us shooting at shot show... no one in our group was really impressed from what I recall.  I did have one on order with Mossberg to do a full media review.

Shot about as well as I expected - wasn't wowed.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Shot about as well as I expected - wasn't wowed.

If you want "wow", by an STI 2011 or a 10 inch S&W 500 magnum.

If you want something small, in 9mm, reliable and doesn't break the bank then this is it.

3 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

If you want something small, in 9mm, reliable and doesn't break the bank then this is it.

Small Reliable 9mm to me is the M&P Shield and the Sig P365.  I like my Shield and was "wowed" by the P365.  

Just now, Krdshrk said:

Small Reliable 9mm to me is the M&P Shield and the Sig P365.  I like my Shield and was "wowed" by the P365.  

I actually agree with you on the P365 AND I like my Shield 2.0!  See, we can agree on something other than Berettas.

6 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Ray Ray,

You don't have to be "wowed" by just an STI or some other bigger gun.  You can easily be wowed by smaller guns too, that are pleasant to shoot, or are accurate, etc.

I was wow'ed in the past by similar guns like the XDS in 45ACP, Nano, 43, Shield, Honor Guard.

While the Mossberg was okay, it was nothing special nor is it going to do anything special.  I see ZERO reasons to pick it over a Shield or a Glock, both of which shoot better and are more pleasant at the same time.... and of course, much better fit and finish. 

• Disagree 1