DPNJ

Going Ammo Hunting

Got some time today, so Im gonna go hunting for ammo. Planning on stopping at Dicks, Cheyenne in Hamilton, and Sportmans Center. I might even go to Sayreville and check out Sportsman place there too. Let you know the results in a few hours, wish me luck

Well it was an absolute waste of my time, Dicks in Freehold had jhp only , I picked up some Winchester jhp +p. Dicks on Princeton much the same only jhp in 9mm. Didn't bother with Cheyenne bc I saw Maksims post. Didn't try Sportsman in Sayreville maybe I'll go see how high their prices actually are soon

I have been hunting around myself, and the usual response I get to my inquiry of looking for 9mm ammo.. "So are we".

WTF lol

Even most of the online places I have tried, have limited amounts of 9mm. I have a gun in my safe that is nothing more then a paper weight unless I can get it some lead to eat!!

It's good to be a handloader!!!!!!

Yes it is. I did an inventory of my .357 / 9mm stuff and I have 2,500 small pistol primers, 1,000 (each) bullets, and plenty of powder. On top of that, I have 1,000 of each already loaded. Not long ago people would routinely ask on the boards if it was economical to reload 9mm. Today you can do a box of 100 for around $7, and not leave the house. Replacing those primers won't be as easy as it was buying them a year or two ago, and the bullets are going up in price, but I'm hoping I can hang in here until the crazy buying / hoarding frenzy passes. It may not get back to what it used to be, but it is way too far out of line right now.