Underdog

Ruger Security 9

Any fans?  How do you like it's hammer-fired (action and a half) functioning and subsequent trigger?   The new compact seems neat, too.  I wouldn't say they are the best looking handguns but the trigger, similar to the newer LCPs is not bad, and they are a good price and might compete with the M&P 380 EZ  and being 9mm.  Ergonomics are OK...

This would seem to be a good deal as a budget G26:  https://grabagun.com/rug-scurity-9-9mm-luger-compact-blued.html

And the G19-sized has a laser!  However, it is 15 round magazines.  

https://grabagun.com/rug-3.html

Always love the looks but did not appreciate it until I was forced to shoot it at a Ruger media event. 

Really came away impressed with the compact.  Stupid good deal for the price.  

Have shooting footing I have to find.  

It is a very successful gun nationwide. 

21 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Always love the looks but did not appreciate it until I was forced to shoot it at a Ruger media event. 

Have you every experienced/shot the SR9C? If so, wondering how you would compare these two. I have the SR9C, and I like the way it fits my hand, but it's giving me some issues, so I'm looking around for another compact.

10 hours ago, Sniper said:

Have you every experienced/shot the SR9C? If so, wondering how you would compare these two. I have the SR9C, and I like the way it fits my hand, but it's giving me some issues, so I'm looking around for another compact.

Disliked the SR9... don't recall if I shot the SR9C.

SR9 series was very reliable and rugged, but I hated the fit and finish and the recoil was quite harsh for the size of the gun.

The Security 9 on the other hand, also has really good ergonomics but was a pleasure to shoot... the Security 9 compact that is.  And you can use the full sized 15 round mags with it too... what it is is a little sleeve that goes over the mag and functions like an extension.  Quite a simple solution that does not require completely separate mags. 

2 hours ago, Maksim said:

The Security 9 on the other hand, also has really good ergonomics but was a pleasure to shoot... the Security 9 compact that is.  And you can use the full sized 15 round mags with it too... what it is is a little sleeve that goes over the mag and functions like an extension.  Quite a simple solution that does not require completely separate mags. 

I'm wondering if the difference is that the SR9C is a striker fire, where the Security 9 went back to hammer fire similar to the "P" series. The slide spring on the SR9C is definitely stronger than on my P95. Might be why it's having issues on trigger reset....

Also, the SR9C had that same mag sleeve, so you can switch between 10s and 15s. But they are separate mags, the sleeve just makes it work with the grip.

2 hours ago, Sniper said:

I'm wondering if the difference is that the SR9C is a striker fire, where the Security 9 went back to hammer fire similar to the "P" series. The slide spring on the SR9C is definitely stronger than on my P95. Might be why it's having issues on trigger reset....

Also, the SR9C had that same mag sleeve, so you can switch between 10s and 15s. But they are separate mags, the sleeve just makes it work with the grip.

Yep.

And the trigger on the Security 9 is quite nice too.