Sign in to follow this  
Maksim

GSG-5 at Cheyenne

Saw the GSG in person there. Pretty nice little plinker. They wanted $525 for it.

Felt great, only concern felt so/so for the plastic itself.

Anyone have one? Can you add a scope or red dot to it? Any attachment for it on the top?

I have one. It has quickly become one of my favorites to shoot, it's economical and a whole lot of fun. When I take it to the range first they stare, then they come over to see what it is. There are a lot of accessories available for the GSG however it seems everything is on backorder. Maxim to answer you question on another forum they have a GSG section, in there I have seen pictures of GSG's with just about anything and everything you can imagine, this includes optics. Mine is a generation 2 GSG and I paid $459.00 for it. I ordered six 15 round magazines for it months ago still waiting.

Had one.... heckuva lot fun. I found it to be a great shooter, fun stress relief with little cost to run. I personally love .22 so it was a blast for me. I purchased a mount from a ebay seller, and mounted at truglo x2 rd on it. I sold it recently.... It was a great little ...toy. I know...most guns are just toys, but it really did nothing a 10/22 or 597 cant. Actually it was not even that accurate with the stock sights. So I used that money for something more real and got a 597 to burn ammo. I loved it, but it was a short relationship.

Had one.... heckuva lot fun. I found it to be a great shooter, fun stress relief with little cost to run. I personally love .22 so it was a blast for me. I purchased a mount from a ebay seller, and mounted at truglo x2 rd on it. I sold it recently.... It was a great little ...toy. I know...most guns are just toys, but it really did nothing a 10/22 or 597 cant. Actually it was not even that accurate with the stock sights. So I used that money for something more real and got a 597 to burn ammo. I loved it, but it was a short relationship.

I didn't think the stock sights were so bad. I was shooting about a 3/4" group at 15 yards (shooting pretty quickly) with it yesterday. The Truglo makes a big difference. With that, my group looked more like a ragged .45 hole.

Im a bit confused, i was told these were illegal in Jersey? (GSG 5 pistol). And if they are not, where can i buy one. I got one permit left and looking to make a purchase decision soon. Thanks for any help in advance!!

unloco,

we were talking about the carbine, but I do know of one FFL here in NJ that has at least 3 in stock that SWEARS they are legal. Let me know if you want his contact info. Personally, and a few other ffls here do believe they are not nj legal.

I suggest you contact one of the vendors on the forum, they can get them for you. visit Jen if you are in north jersey at bullet hole, or Paul if you are in south jersey, i heard he has one in stock, check out his website, or if you are in central jersey, contact Vinny.

-Max

Took her out to the range and she performed as expected. After shooting 40 rds through my Saiga 223, the GSG 5 felt like a heavy airsoft toy...lol...but all in all an awesome plinker with lots of "tacticool" looks!! Drew lots of attention as well as my Saiga. I'll be posting pics soon and already started ordering fun stuff to dress her up with!!!!