Lavid2002

THE OFFICIAL FID THREAD - How Long Did it Take?

When the woman called a week later asking me to come in again so she can photocopy my driver's license, she was genuinely apologetic, and again, extremely polite and professional.

I don't believe that you live in Jersey. I think you must be a forum troll, coming here to just stir the pot. There's no way that any municipal worker in nj is "extremely polite and professional". :lol::lol:

When the woman called a week later asking me to come in again so she can photocopy my driver's license, she was genuinely apologetic, and again, extremely polite and professional.

I don't believe that you live in Jersey. I think you must be a forum troll, coming here to just stir the pot. There's no way that any municipal worker in nj is "extremely polite and professional". :lol::lol:

Yeah seriously. When I got my FPID and my 1 handgun permit I asked if I can have the paper work to fill out for additional handgun permits for me to drop off later. She stormed up to the window and chewed me out for not asking for more the first time. She stormed away without giving me my paper work and instead handed me another permit then told me to get lost. :lol:

LOL!

Yeah, even I have trouble believing it, despite the fact I was there at the time!

So now that I have my permits, I can have the two handguns I bid for and won over at GunBroker shipped to a local FFL. A Sig P6 and a S&W 59. Both are DA/SA 9mm semiautos.

The Sig P6 is a former police duty pistol from West Germany. It is a single-stack design with a 8 round magazine. It's basically a P226 with a slimmer grip (the P226 has a double-stack magazine). No manual safety, just a decocker. A friend of mine has one, and after firing it at the range, I fell in love. I won the auction with a fair price -- not a 'steal' by any means, but a very fair price, slightly less than typical.

The S&W is a double-stack design with a 14 round magazine, and a manual safety on the slide. It's an older model, but it seems to have a good reputation, and I snagged it for an excellent price. It was a situation where I threw out a low bid for it and really did not expect to win the auction. But I'm definitely happy, as even if I end up hating the gun I will probably be able to sell it for more than what I paid.

So that leaves me with one 'extra' handgun permit. I will probably get a .22 LR for some ultra-cheap trigger time. I haven't decided on a model -- I'm sort of stuck between a Ruger 22/45 or one of the newer .22 LR's (Walther P22 or Sig Mosquito). There's also the Beretta U22 NEOS too....decisions, decisions!

pix2500873562.jpg

GUNS_110_003.JPG

Holy guacamole! Where the hell was I when this topic was started?

First off when I moved last year and changed my address on the FID card it took close to 6 months and they spelt my first name wrong. R-A-Y-M-O-U-N-D

How can you spell Raymond wrong?

Well I applied for 4 handgun permits on 6/30 and I'm still waiting. It usually takes about 6 months so I'll see them in time for Christmas.

Sorry if I'm reviving kind of an old thread, but I'm curious if anyone has any updates with the length of time they've experienced with just purchase permits?

I'm in Franklin Township, applied for some purchase permits about 2 weeks ago.. Hoping to get them soon, but just curious what other's have experienced in this town or others in general when applying for JUST the PP's (and not the FID)...

Thanks!

I have a friend from Jefferson who is getting the run around.

4 1/2 months and counting for a change of address.

I don't believe that you live in Jersey. I think you must be a forum troll, coming here to just stir the pot. There's no way that any municipal worker in nj is "extremely polite and professional".

My town has one of each.

First clerk is of the why do you need a handgun variety, and usually takes 45 minutes at the desk to get the paperwork straight.

Second is of the helpful frame of mind. ie "Make sure that you do these things, (sign here, include money order etc) as it will speed up the process". Same forms take about 10 minutes with this clerk.

Needless to say I like dealing with the second clerk a lot better

Hello everyone,

First time post for me.Would just like to thank everyone that contributes,lots of good info here.

I am in Manahawkin and just picked up my Initial FPID and 2 PP today!That would make it 42 work days,or just into the start of the 9th week.

Although I noticed the FPID and the PP's were dated 5/17/10, so I got to hurry up and get movin on that 1st purchase :dance:

Ready in 5 months(June-November). Apparently one of my reference got lost and it was my fault for not calling the PD earlier to make sure they got both. However it was ready about 3 weeks after my reference handed it in personally. Thats not too bad IMO.

not bad guys....here I am already in possession of my FID and Im on my 9th week of waiting for (2) P2P....I have to get out of this town let alone this STATE!

-Scott

Have you called them for a status check? If so, what'd they say?