DPNJ

New NRA member

Just got all the documents in the mail today. Filled out the member survey and the form to activate the benefits. Now just waiting on my free magazine. I also extended my membership til '2011, for a reduced rate, and as a special bonus they are sending out a dvd titled "Never Again", which is about the confiscation of guns in New Orleans.

What aggravates me about the NRA is their constant push for money and renewals. I get letters asking me to renew weeks after renewing. Every topic and issue they take up includes a request for a donation. If they put half the effort into their training materials I would be impressed.

I found their push for money after Katrina somewhat annoying. They were printing and and appearing on media outlets saying one thing and everyone I spoke to who was on site was saying another. They do a lot of good but their priorities are screwed up in some areas.

The American Rifleman runs hot and cold. At times they have great articles. Other times they turn it into another source of requesting donations. A while back they started sending out DVD's to all the members. When they were not purchased, the members started receiving calls to pay or send back at their expense. That lost them some supporters.