tbtrout

Bob's Little Sport Shop

I have been there a few times to try and shoot. Emphasis on TRY

Trip 1: There was an hour wait for a lane. I left

Trip 2: I went there to shoot and maybe buy a new handgun. I was waiting for someone to take my info to reserve a lane but no one would acknowledge me. Then an employee there gave a guy in line behind me an open lane because he was a member of the range. Not a good thing to do since I was considering a membership if I liked the range.

After that I was looking at the handgun case but I stood there for 20 minutes without anyone asking if they could help me.

So I left. I was also bothered by the number of guns left out on top of the counters. Long guns and hand guns. Very unprofessional IMO. Perhaps it is because I look young that no one was willing to help me but I would not go back there. My next handgun is going to be purchased from Paul at arms-n-ammo.com!

Where are you located? Would you want to drive to South Philly? The best place to shoot if you live in Camden County is The Firing Line. http://www.firinglineinc.com/ It is never busy and the prices are great. $15 to rent a lane. No time limit. Ammo is reasonable. American Eagle 9mm that I can get for 13 a box goes for 18 a box at the range. The best part? Paper targets are FREE! Nothing bothers me more than getting nickeled and dimed for paper targets.

Bobs is a good place, but it is pretty small, and can get crowded.

As mentioned above, there staff can be hit or miss. The only people I deal with when going there are Bob, and Bob Jr. (pretty sure that's the son's name, but I'm not positive). I will wait if they are helping other customers.

I've purchased some used firearms from them, as they are priced pretty well, and I use them for FFL transfers from time to time. FFL transfers are $50 plus NICS, if I remember correctly.

If you go at off hours it's usually pretty empty. They are closed 5:00 - 6:30 during the week for dinner.

I bought a shotgun there once. The guy waiting on me (and older guy, I think his name was Herman) was really nice and patient with me as I checked out half the guns he had.

My only complaint about the place is most of the guns they had seemed older than I am.

I didn't make it on to the range, but that's not why I was there. Their ammo prices seemed a bit high, but I didn't ask about memberships or anything like that.

My home range, Hague's, is probably 15 minutes away from there.