Sign in to follow this  
hotshot

40,000 pounds of guns melted

For the love of god....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Screw the dolphins....save the guns!!!!!!! That was actually painful to watch! Now, why cant they sell them to lawful people allowed to own firearms, and make some money to put towards vest-a-cop or some other fund raising event?

It's funny knowing the cops went through all those weapons and pocketed the ones that were most valuable.

What I don't get is this: Why not sell the guns to FFLs in an auction to re-coup some losses due to the program? Then you can melt down the crap guns no one wants.

But, then again, this is the state which is about to go bankrupt... both socially and economically.

I read on nyfirearms.com about the same thing. there were a few people there looking to buy some good firearms, so waited there early and made offers. Most firearms there, as per the folks there, were the cheap, or broken firearms, long guns, mil surplus, however 1 was a colt commander.

I think I heard on hannity or somehwere, that they were giving away whole foods? gift cards for turning in firearms.

Years back the state police handled it. Then the responsibility was shifted to the county themselves. Hudson had not done one for years. We would have loved to get rid of the junk we have stored for twenty years.

Years back the state police handled it. Then the responsibility was shifted to the county themselves. Hudson had not done one for years. We would have loved to get rid of the junk we have stored for twenty years.

Luckily we had the smelting company right in Town Rich. When they were operating we'd have someone from DOJ come down to observe and confirm that everything went into the furnace. And go figure NOT A SINGLE DAMN GUN found it's way into anyoe's "Pocket".

honestly, they should of have a few FFL's try to sell them for as much or little as possible, and donate the money to charities

That is not possible under NJ statutes. An application can be made for a department to retain any firearms that can be of use in training or departmental use. But the paperwork to do so is extensive. If the department does retain a firearm, if can never be transfered out of the department or sold/traded.

Out of all of the firearms we have in storage, there were no more than three of four that was worth the bother. Most taken are junk that I wouldn't fire on a bet.

i have asked several police dept about this subject.....it seems their guidelines are to destroy any and all guns......could not understand but i think the guidelines are passed down from prosecutors......too bad...many police officers deserve to have new and updated equipment....the sale of these guns could go a long way towards that......