Sign in to follow this  
AntZ

Reasons not to buy a GSG-5 rifle

I got very close to buy it but decided not to. But half of me still want it. Here are the reasons not to. For those of you already got it. Great gun and have fun. For those of you decided not to get it, please add to the list to help me out.

1) Already have a 10/22. I like accurate gun so I can only blame my self. From what I read, GSG is less accurate.

2) Too expensive to me for something has no more functionalities than 10/22

3) Use the money to fund the AR10 I always want. Or a nice scope or a complete 22 AR upper.

4) I probably will regretted right after I buy it because it shoots, well just like a 10/22.

5) Black rifle hype is over, at least for now (you can see the ARs in store now, different kinds). The price will go down and I can buy it then.

Because at $550 plus, you are more than halfway to an AR.

Because if you get the GSG, you will spend even more in accessories, mags, scope mounts, etc.

Because you will go through alot more ammo..... ALOT more. Did i say ALOT more?

Maksim - You are not helping :lol: . The last reason you give makes me want to buy it. I don't like to shoot 10/22. It is boring. But one reason I forgot to list is

I saw a guy show how to clean GSG on youtube and you need to use a special tool comes with the gun to unscrow at least 4 screws in order to clean it, I don't like that at all. I can clean 2 ARs by that time.

get a spikes .22 dedicated upper. They can make one for you NJ legal with welded on can (or brake) and no bayo lug. Then buy 15 round mags from blackdogmachine for the AR.

I have a gsg and a spikes upper. I like the GSG a lot. Cleaning it is a bit of a pain every 2000 rounds due to the clamshell design. Also I replaced the junk screw set that comes stock, and installed nice ones.

Either way youll be happy.