45Doll

The Ghost Gun Thread

3 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

Anyone who thought this wouldn’t happen is fooling themselves. I’m all for constructing  and building, but a certain element took it to the next level, and no one should be surprised. Like every other restriction, it’s always a small handful that ruin it for everyone else. 

7 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

So? Its a ruling on a stay, not the whole case.

4 hours ago, FairbanksRusty said:

Anyone who thought this wouldn’t happen is fooling themselves. I’m all for constructing  and building, but a certain element took it to the next level, and no one should be surprised. Like every other restriction, it’s always a small handful that ruin it for everyone else. 

The sky is falling, the BATFE got a stay on a ruling.

On 8/16/2023 at 5:54 PM, b47356 said:

So? Its a ruling on a stay, not the whole case.

The sky is falling, the BATFE got a stay on a ruling.

It's really not a good sign, but then again its hardly an argument SCOTUS has looked at the broader implications of building your own firearm. 

If they manage to pull out a ruling that states a right to construct for personal use, that would be an incredible win regardless where these 80% kits fit into. 

31 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

Could one build their own firearm at the time of the founding?  Asking for a friend named Bruen.

That is a reason I see them splitting this decision along the lines of, you can build your own firearm at home... but manufacturers will be regulated on the sale of DIY kits. The SCOTUS stay is somewhat indicating. 

19 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

If they manage to pull out a ruling that states a right to construct for personal use, that would be an incredible win regardless where these 80% kits fit into. 

Will never happen, since most of the plaintiffs argument is that BATFE redefined things contrary to the GCA.

12 hours ago, b47356 said:

Yeah, I just can't wait to see what "constitutional" things that the state would do in an answer to a ruling that made manufacturing for personal use legal in NJ.

So you don't support  Bruen because it started a legal battle in this state? Dafuq?

7 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

So you don't support  Bruen because it started a legal battle in this state? Dafuq?

Did I say that? Or did I say that I can't wait to see what the state would come up with in answer to that kind of ruling?

2 hours ago, b47356 said:

Did I say that? Or did I say that I can't wait to see what the state would come up with in answer to that kind of ruling?

I made an inference based on your question about personal manufacturing. You seem to be against battling NJ's BS. "Do we really want to?" 

The answer to the question on every guns rights issue should be met with an unequivocal YES. 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2023 at 1:06 PM, FairbanksRusty said:

that doesn't give them an excuse to punish the rest of us law abiding though.

14 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

what about your Granpa's shot gun, been handed down in the family for generations and yup.....no serial number.....didn't hav'em back then.......now what.

Most quality shotguns dating back to the late 1800’s have serial numbers, particularly any doubles. I can’t speak for any “hardware store guns.” though. What most don’t have are paperwork of transfer of the infamous or NJ COE. 

1 hour ago, 45Doll said:

Preliminary. They haven't heard any arguments, and with 4 votes on our side, it's not a tall order to pick up just 1 vote if the case makes it that far... which is will eventually.