Sign in to follow this  
AntZ

airsoft pistols for practising?

Saw some airsoft pistols at a sportssauthorities and thinking about getting one for practising as I always see some airsoft 1911 ads in a gun magazine.

1)Has anyone been using a airsoft to improve their skills for handling centerfire pistals?

2)Or it is going to screw things up.

3) Should I get the spring powered one or CO2 one ? I am not going to use it in a game.

4)It is safe (or legal) to shoot an airsoft pistol in a basement at home?

Any trigger time you get where you actually practice the fundementals of marksmanship is good trigger time. it is a way to hone and improve your skills.

I just worry that the trigger will be so different that actually do harm than good. Of cource my worry has no base because I have not even handled one airsoft pistol.

Saw some airsoft pistols at a sportssauthorities and thinking about getting one for practising as I always see some airsoft 1911 ads in a gun magazine.

1)Has anyone been using a airsoft to improve their skills for handling centerfire pistals?

2)Or it is going to screw things up.

3) Should I get the spring powered one or CO2 one ? I am not going to use it in a game.

4)It is safe (or legal) to shoot an airsoft pistol in a basement at home?

1- YES

2- It will not screw you up. Especially helpful with drawing from holsters with a "loaded" pistol that is more forgiving than a real handgun.

3- It you will be doing firing (ie not just drawing), get a green gas gun.

4- It is safe to fire in basement provided no one else is in the basement with you, and you wear goggles.

Get a G19 green gas gun. It looks, feels and fires (including similar trigger pull and slide operates) as a real glock. In fact if both were on a table in front of you you would be hard pressed to tell the difference except the red tip.

The Glock also have a trigger safety just like a real G19. Check Airsplat.com. Airsofts are not considered firearms in NJ they fire plastic BBs. Real BB handguns are considered firearms in NJ.

I've been ricocheted in the nuts by a bb gun in the basement off the conc block wall ~20 ft away. I would prefer not to do it again, but I wouldn't classify it as 'painful'. More like frightening, and it reminded me that it's still a weapon.

You will laugh, but I printed targets from freetargets .com or something, and simply tape them on a medium sized cardboard box. The airsoft shoots THRU the target and through one side of the box.

You will see a hole. :)

A good idea is to put some shredded paper inside the box to help catch the BBs and not let them rattle around too much. also after shooting the box abunch, they will start to shoot thru the back. Therefore its good to place shredded paper inside the box.

The Greengas guns shoot BBs that travel around 330 fps. Wear goggles.

You will laugh, but I printed targets from freetargets .com or something, and simply tape them on a medium sized cardboard box. The airsoft shoots THRU the target and through one side of the box.

You will see a hole. :)

A good idea is to put some shredded paper inside the box to help catch the BBs and not let them rattle around too much. also after shooting the box abunch, they will start to shoot thru the back. Therefore its good to place shredded paper inside the box.

The Greengas guns shoot BBs that travel around 330 fps. Wear goggles.

Thanks. That's good advise. Now I will have use of these boxes.

i shoot air soft 1911 pistol and berreta 92 model. built a a target out of a box.put two strings through box one to hold old shirt to catch and drop bb's in box and one with a clip to hold my target. used two boxes the bottom one couple inches larger in front to catch bb's..

airsofttarget003.jpg

airsofttarget004.jpg

airsofttarget005.jpg

Great Air soft dealer in green brook. Godfather painball. I spoke with Max yesterday he is interested in becoming a vendor. I went there yesterday and got schooled in airsoft was was amazed. I did not give it much thought because I had an old daisy spring air. The electric and green gas are amazing. They cycle like a real gun. Very impressed. They are also opening an indoor painball place that is set up like an urban area. The owner said they plan no teaching tactical classes there.