tinyboy

An excellent experience at Brick Armory

I went to Brick Armory today and purchased two rifles. A .22 and a 7.62

Even though I have been shooting 7+ years, I still considerer myself a noob. Just talk to me for more than 5 minutes and you will agree! This of course does not mean I don't enjoy shooting despite barely knowing how to load my guns. Anyway, everyone at Brick was beyond gracious in their efforts to help me. Whether it was with the selection of the firearm, how to clean them, and how to shoot them with actually hitting some of the black on the target, they all get A+ ratings for customer service, care, and satisfaciton.

I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone that is in need of a firearm, accessories, or a place to shoot.

tinyboy (Mike)

Great Choices!

My first experience shooting @ BA was Friday night and I was really impressed with the range and staff, everyone there is very nice and very helpful. Answered all the questions I had. Not to mention, they have a VERY nice selection of MDSE and firearms. BA is a great place to shop and shoot.

BA is my favorite place to shoot in NJ. Really relaxed atmosphere, knowledgeable and friendly staff... just a great place to shoot. I also feel that if they see that you are a safe and proficient operator... you have the benefit of "big-boy" rules. Can't say enough good things about them.

When saying "Big Boy" rules, I am talking about freedom. Freedom from the range-master standing over your shoulder, freedom from being told "only 3 rounds in the magazine" (had this told to me somewhere else), and the range-master giving you dirty looks if you double tap or use an accelerated rate of fire. Thats what I mean by Big Boy rules, being able to be treated as an adult, if they see that you operate like an adult.

You guys make me glad I'm a member of Shongum. I've never been told to slow down my rate of fire or to only load 3 rounds. Of course, I show respect for the guns and the range. I think this is key.

Agreed. Same thing at CJRPC. Brick Armory?? Who would bother to go there??? :shock:

You guys make me glad I'm a member of Shongum. I've never been told to slow down my rate of fire or to only load 3 rounds. Of course, I show respect for the guns and the range. I think this is key.

Agreed. Same thing at CJRPC. Brick Armory?? Who would bother to go there??? :shock:

and that is why CJRPC is in the middle of its own land. =P

I have never been told not to rapid fire while shooting on any range. Hell, shooting a GSG the other night at Brick Armory you would have swore it was full auto. I love that place and have been treated with nothing but respect and kindness.

I went to Brick Armory today and purchased two rifles. A .22 and a 7.62

Even though I have been shooting 7+ years, I still considerer myself a noob. Just talk to me for more than 5 minutes and you will agree! This of course does not mean I don't enjoy shooting despite barely knowing how to load my guns. Anyway, everyone at Brick was beyond gracious in their efforts to help me. Whether it was with the selection of the firearm, how to clean them, and how to shoot them with actually hitting some of the black on the target, they all get A+ ratings for customer service, care, and satisfaciton.

I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone that is in need of a firearm, accessories, or a place to shoot.

tinyboy (Mike)

assuming the 7.62 was some kind of AK, nice choices.

what was the damage on both of those?

Was at BA tonight to put my Ruger through its paces. Very nice guys there. They were very helpful with answering questions about my shotguns.

My only question is: What are the range fees for (1) hour?

-Scott

typically, $18 + tax. even though it is hourly, no one is going to kick you out after an hour. =P

Does BA have any restrictions on rifle munitions that can be fired there? I know at SS you can't use Wolf, and the rounds now have to be frangible rounds. Just curious as I want to put some rounds through the rifle, and I have no problems buying some ammo specifically for indoor shooting.

I went to Brick Armory today and purchased two rifles. A .22 and a 7.62..........

tinyboy (Mike)

assuming the 7.62 was some kind of AK, nice choices.

what was the damage on both of those?

+1.....Im curious what those 2 guns cost you.