RUTGERS95

9mm $245 delivered

I've gone through several thousand of the ZSR and the problem is the gold colored coating.  It flakes off and gets everywhere when you shoot it.  Makes the gun very dirty and hard to clean.  I was getting light strikes on my Glock.  The flakes had gotten in where the firing pin was and gunked it all up.  

0082390_zsr-9mm-115gr-fmj-1000-rounds.pngNo photo description available.

I switched to New Republic from Target Sports.  No gold colored plating just copper jacket and its $10 cheaper per 1000. $235 shipped.  

New Republic Training and Range 9mm Luger Ammo 115 Gr FMJ - Ammo Deals (targetsportsusa.com)

New Republic Training and Range 9mm Luger Ammo 115 Grain FMJ115_Grain_FMJ-New_Republic_Training_and_Range_9mm_Luger_Ammo-112690_1_.jpg

2 hours ago, ESB said:

I've gone through several thousand of the ZSR and the problem is the gold colored coating.  It flakes off and gets everywhere when you shoot it.  Makes the gun very dirty and hard to clean.  I was getting light strikes on my Glock.  The flakes had gotten in where the firing pin was and gunked it all up.  

0082390_zsr-9mm-115gr-fmj-1000-rounds.pngNo photo description available.

I switched to New Republic from Target Sports.  No gold colored plating just copper jacket and its $10 cheaper per 1000. $235 shipped.  

New Republic Training and Range 9mm Luger Ammo 115 Gr FMJ - Ammo Deals (targetsportsusa.com)

New Republic Training and Range 9mm Luger Ammo 115 Grain FMJ115_Grain_FMJ-New_Republic_Training_and_Range_9mm_Luger_Ammo-112690_1_.jpg

Odd, I've not experienced this.  What lots do you have?

Good find on new republic!

The new republic is nice stuff, so far no failures and I have gone through 1k of 9mm, 500 rounds of .45, some .357 and a few boxes of .380.  Sent TSUSA an email asking if any plans to produce 7.62x39 and reply was, it’s in the works.

• Like 1