rockchef1

NJSP REQUALIFICATION

On 12/19/2023 at 11:41 AM, xXxplosive said:

So what makes you think all LEO's are pro 2A........

I don't think it, and never wrote that I did. I'm sure some (probably a minority) are adamantly opposed. I would bet that there are others who favor gun rights only for their buddies and others that they personally approve of. I frequently get the sense that the latter mindset is also true of some civilians who describe themselves as 2A proponents, but who would (openly or secretly) prefer that certain kinds of people of whom they disapprove not be afforded the right to bear arms for self defense. None of them are on NJGF, of course.

What I was implying with that brief disclosure about Petersen was the question of why, if he is not assigned to the firearms desk, he took it upon himself to attack the validity of my SP182 (signed off by one of his fellow troopers), and reject it on behalf of the station and NJSP.

1 hour ago, Grima Squeakersen said:

I seem to recall a time when the NRA claimed to be unalterably opposed to any form of firearms registration...

i don't know. i know from reading that the nra seems to have a history of selling us down the river though.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Golf battery said:

Question.  Where does it say ccare class and live fire quals need to be done on the same day? 

Well,  CCARE is the shooting qualification. The use of force class is probably what you mean, and there is nothing saying they have to be done on the same day.

11 hours ago, Golf battery said:

Question.  Where does it say ccare class and live fire quals need to be done on the same day? 

I don't think it does. OTOH, the SP182 attests to successful fulfillment of both requirements, and that form has only one line for instructor sign-off and date. That issue was clearly overlooked by whoever designed the form (unless they deliberately created a "gotcha", which isn't entirely implausible). The fact that both endorsements are on one form was what the Woodbine NJSP guy, Petersen, cited when he refused to accept my form when I first tried to submit it at the station. I had use of force in 2022 with my original qualification, but I had to shoot again for a different instructor last week, because my original shooting qual lacked holster draw. 

As documented elsewhere in this thread, I made two trips to Woodbine NJSP station to submit my SP182 & SP182a forms. The first attempt was stymied by a trooper spouting misinformation who refused to accept them. On my second trip, a trooper who was not on desk duty accepted the forms, and promised to get the frearms desk duty officer to call me upon his return to the office to confirm receipt. That never happened. I then sent an email to the Woodbine station firearms unit with copies of the executed forms attached, explaining the circumstances of my two attempts to drop off the physical forms, and requesting receipt confirmation. No such confirmation was received. After waiting two days, I resent that email, and added that if I did not receive a confirmation reply, I would be forced to send form copies by certified mail to Superintendent Callahan's attention in West Trenton, so that I could have confirmation that I had complied with the CCARE requirements. I copied the main NJSP firearms investigation unit (NJSP Firearms Invest Unit<[email protected]>) on that second email. This morning I received a reply from that unit, confirming me that my forms had been received, and that there was no need to send them again. So, that is what it took to get NJSP to provide a simple confirmation that I had complied with this ridiculous imposition. Gotta love Murphy, Platkin and their minions.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • FacePalm 1

3 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

This state is a disgrace.

And that is on a good day. I often wonder why I'm still here. OTOH, I have ancestors from South Jersey on both sides of family that go way, way back, and I'm also an obstinate SOB who hates to let bad guys win by default. Probably not a recipe for conspicuous success, but, oh well...

56 minutes ago, Grima Squeakersen said:

And that is on a good day. I often wonder why I'm still here. OTOH, I have ancestors from South Jersey on both sides of family that go way, way back, and I'm also an obstinate SOB who hates to let bad guys win by default. Probably not a recipe for conspicuous success, but, oh well...

You and I are more alike than we'd probably know about in person.  Are you a pork roller or "Taylor Hammer" like @Mrs. Peel ?

• FacePalm 1

7 hours ago, Grima Squeakersen said:

As documented elsewhere in this thread, I made two trips to Woodbine NJSP station to submit my SP182 & SP182a forms. The first attempt was stymied by a trooper spouting misinformation who refused to accept them. On my second trip, a trooper who was not on desk duty accepted the forms, and promised to get the frearms desk duty officer to call me upon his return to the office to confirm receipt. That never happened. I then sent an email to the Woodbine station firearms unit with copies of the executed forms attached, explaining the circumstances of my two attempts to drop off the physical forms, and requesting receipt confirmation. No such confirmation was received. After waiting two days, I resent that email, and added that if I did not receive a confirmation reply, I would be forced to send form copies by certified mail to Superintendent Callahan's attention in West Trenton, so that I could have confirmation that I had complied with the CCARE requirements. I copied the main NJSP firearms investigation unit (NJSP Firearms Invest Unit<[email protected]>) on that second email. This morning I received a reply from that unit, confirming me that my forms had been received, and that there was no need to send them again. So, that is what it took to get NJSP to provide a simple confirmation that I had complied with this ridiculous imposition. Gotta love Murphy, Platkin and their minions.

So, this evening I got a confirmation email from Woodbine station firearms unit itself, that began, "Mr, Miller, you need to understand that this email is not monitored 24 x 7..." Yeah, no waste, Watson, my original email was sent on 12/21. There was also no mention of failing to acknowledge my earlier submission of paper in person. It ended with "I understand your concern". I expect that is as close as I could hope to come to an apology. I wonder why I was completely ignored until I mentioned the possibility of bothering Callahan's staff, and then NJSP reps from two different offices responded within 24 hours. I was tempted to reply to Woodbine FIU on "not monitored 24 x 7" by asking if taking a week to respond to a submission would be taken into consideration if the delay resulted in the arrest of a PtC holder for CCARE non-compliance, but I decided against it. Between the copious correspondence from me when they were sitting on my original application for six months in 2022, and this latest exchange, I am probably on at least one "we don't like this clown very much" list...

17 hours ago, Grima Squeakersen said:

So, this evening I got a confirmation email from Woodbine station firearms unit itself, that began, "Mr, Miller, you need to understand that this email is not monitored 24 x 7..." Yeah, no waste, Watson, my original email was sent on 12/21. There was also no mention of failing to acknowledge my earlier submission of paper in person. It ended with "I understand your concern". I expect that is as close as I could hope to come to an apology. I wonder why I was completely ignored until I mentioned the possibility of bothering Callahan's staff, and then NJSP reps from two different offices responded within 24 hours. I was tempted to reply to Woodbine FIU on "not monitored 24 x 7" by asking if taking a week to respond to a submission would be taken into consideration if the delay resulted in the arrest of a PtC holder for CCARE non-compliance, but I decided against it. Between the copious correspondence from me when they were sitting on my original application for six months in 2022, and this latest exchange, I am probably on at least one "we don't like this clown very much" list...

i've been lucky. as mentioned elsewhere, my dept had called and emailed me reminding me to get the sp182 handled. they seemed to go out of their way to make it easy for me. they had told me that was all they needed, but i just today emailed them a sp182a. i got a response back in less than 10 minutes thanking me for contacting them, and stating that they're going to add it to my file.