kc17

Police impersonators in South Jersey

https://6abc.com/south-jersey-police-impersonation-crime-investigation-law-enforcement/13868133/

Snip 1: 

Several South Jersey police departments are investigating similar incidents of men impersonating police officers. Lindenwold police in Camden County have released video of the suspects approaching a home on September 30.

Snip 2:

Deptford police say they had a similar incident.

Snip 3:

Winslow Township police are also investigating a recent incident from September 28.

Glad I live in a small town and know almost all of our local police. 

This is why PD's should run citizen police academies so residents can see what it entails to be a police officer and they can get to know their local police in the process.

They also do coffee with a cop and other meet and greets around town.

16 hours ago, brucin said:

Glad I live in a small town and know almost all of our local police. 

This is why PD's should run citizen police academies so residents can see what it entails to be a police officer and they can get to know their local police in the process.

They also do coffee with a cop and other meet and greets around town.

We have coffee with a cop, but its always on a Wednesday at like 9am... completely useless for the working class.

I encountered similar experiences when I worked on the Mexican Border in the late 70s, early 80s.

I decided to stop a car at night. I was in an unmarked car.  Totally legal near the border.  Red light, siren and the people wouldn't stop.  Didn't speed up, kept in speed limit but wouldn't stop. I had to call the sheriff's office 40 miles away to send a marked car to stop them.

Didn't find anything wrong but never held anything against the people who didn't stop.

On 10/8/2023 at 2:15 AM, GRIZ said:

I encountered similar experiences when I worked on the Mexican Border in the late 70s, early 80s.

I decided to stop a car at night. I was in an unmarked car.  Totally legal near the border.  Red light, siren and the people wouldn't stop.  Didn't speed up, kept in speed limit but wouldn't stop. I had to call the sheriff's office 40 miles away to send a marked car to stop them.

Didn't find anything wrong but never held anything against the people who didn't stop.

back in the late 90's or early 2000's there was a retired crown vic being driven in my town, pulling people over. he got away with it for awhile before they caught him. so technically speaking, this is at least the second time that's happened here in our little town. thing is though.....this town's small enough and the pd's location is such that no one living in this town shouldn't know where it is.....and it's only a couple miles away. easy enough to just drive to the pd, while on the phone with 911 and meet a uniformed officer there.

• Agree 1