Lawnmower2021

Blem Desert Eagle - What would you do?

Ordered a factory new Desert Eagle at about retail price (don't judge :D) but it came to the FFL tagged as "Blem Barrel". Looking it over, we only found some small scuffs near the front.

Honest question: Is this a "blem"? Was this tagged by Magnum Research by mistake? The retailer is willing to give me a full refund.

Would you take the gun or take the refund? It is a 50AE in black and gold.

image.thumb.png.96190182bbc18c781fb3518fbdb4b5ce.png

I mean, you're probably going to do worse to it during normal use.

That being said, I have a Colt 1911 that came from the factory and had a blemish on the dust cover. Everyone that sees the gun says that it is beautiful. I on the other hand can't pick the gun up without noticing it.

The real question here is for you to answer. Can I live with it?

3 minutes ago, Vicious said:

The real question here is for you to answer. Can I live with it?

The funny thing is, if it wasn't tagged "blem" I probably would've been fine with it. But something about it being marked "blem barrel" by the manufacturer and still sold as "Factory new: 100% perfect condition" really rubs me the wrong way. I've definitely bought "new" guns with random small blemishes, but if Magnum Research decided to tag it as blemished it makes me wonder if there's more than I can tell.

6 minutes ago, Vicious said:

Why not call them up and see what they are willing to do? I'd be willing to accept that issue for a few hundred off. Lol

They're willing to take it back for a full refund. I wouldn't mind taking it for a partial refund, but it seems like they just want to auction it off again as a blem.

1 hour ago, Lawnmower2021 said:

Ah, I'll take the refund. I will forever feel like I was somehow cheated on principle.

But for a moment, holding it and admiring the gold slide, I felt like a true gangster.  :) :B:): :icon_mrgreen:

I would have done the same.

I've purchased 'blem' and used guns, but they were priced accordingly and advertised as such.

If I'm paying full retail (which I rarely do) then I expect a brand new, unblemished product.

• Agree 2

Sorry so it was labeled on the box as blem? If so my next question would be did the dealer know when they shipped this out? 
it’s not like it was discounted since you indicated it was close to retail.

If they willing to cover all costs and take it back I’d return  it unless it’s a real hard find and you really want it. 

For me it would be principle too and it would prob bug the crap outta me just knowing that too. Just my two cents.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, My1stGlock said:

Sorry so it was labeled on the box as blem? If so my next question would be did the dealer know when they shipped this out? 

It was tagged as blemished inside the box; they say they thought it was a mistake and not actually blemished so never mentioned it in the listing.

I never took it from my FFL and they already provided a return shipping label.

Good on the retailer for taking it back, but their "excuse" is BS.  They saw the blem tag and thought it was a mistake?  Yea, not believing that for a second.  They got it from the manufacturer at a discount because of that tag, they just thought they could get away with selling it that way and wouldn't get called out on it.    

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, Lawnmower2021 said:

Ah, I'll take the refund. I will forever feel like I was somehow cheated on principle.

But for a moment, holding it and admiring the gold slide, I felt like a true gangster.  :) :B:): :icon_mrgreen:

Take those pics before you drop it in the mail! Clean side up of course. No pics it never happened lol.

On 10/16/2023 at 12:59 PM, Lawnmower2021 said:

They're willing to take it back for a full refund. I wouldn't mind taking it for a partial refund, but it seems like they just want to auction it off again as a blem.

I'd keep it and ask for the Blem price and for a refund of the difference.