High Exposure

Ocean County Purchases Range Facility in Little Egg Harbor

11 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

so what's gonna happen to all those who had paid memberships at that range? are they screwed? get their money back?

Government involved means 3rd tier gets screwed.

We want to start this post by saying a huge THANK YOU to all our loyal customers, employees, friends and family for making the last 10 years such an unbelievable success. It has been our pleasure to serve, work with and meet each and every one of you.
For those of you that have not heard, the property where Shooter's is located is being sold to Ocean County. With Ocean County's plan to turn the property into a Regional Training Center for First Responders. In the future, Ocean County will be looking at the possibility of opening the ranges to the public.
Shooter's retail store will be relocating to where it all began... back to the Tip's Hardware building located at 218 Main Street, West Creek NJ 08092. Brielle the current store Manager at Shooter's, will be the new owner, with many of the staff joining her at this new location. Although we will not have the range facilities, you can still count on Shooter's to have the best quality inventory and of course our first-rate customer service. The relocation to the new building "Shooters Hardware" should happen at some point in January. Shooter's current store will remain open until the new location is ready to open. We wish Brielle and here entire team much success!
Shooters Hardware will be honoring all Shooter's gift certificates, layaways, repairs/warranties, and firearm transactions that are pending permits.
All range members will be issued a refund based on unused time. The ranges will officially close on December 31st 2023.
We will be having a customer appreciation sale beginning tomorrow on all in-store product. We will still be able to special order available firearms and add customers to the waitlist for future availability.
Customer Appreciation Sale 12/9/23 to 12/31/23!
ALL SALES ARE FINAL!
10% off all Firearms $300 & under.
$100 off all Firearms $301 - $750.
$150 off all Firearms $751 - $1500.
$200 off all Firearms $1501 & up.
$200 off all Safes $1500 & under.
$300 off all Safes $1501 - $3000.
$400 off all Safes $3001 & up.
30% off all Carhartt & Sitka Clothing
40% off all Decoys
40% off all Archery Supplies
25% off all Crossbows
Up to 50% off all compound bows
20% off all in-store items not listed
22LR Mini-mags - 100rds $11
22LR Magtech - 300rds $30
22 Short - 100rds $6
38SPL - 50rds $25
357MAG - 50rds $30
380ACP - 50rds $18
380ACP - 1000rds $350
9MM - 50rds $16
9MM - 1000rds $275
40SW - 50rds $20
40SW - 1000rds $375
45ACP - 50rds $30
45ACP - 1000rds $500
223 55GR -20rds $8
223 55GR - 1000rds $350
223 62GR - 20rds $10
223 62GR - 1000rds $450
12GA & 20 Target Load 250rds $80
All other ammo 20% off
We wish Brielle, our employees and Ocean County much success in these exciting new endeavors.
Thank you,
Shooters Sporting Center

Yes, I received that on FB as well. Sad development. They ran one of the better ranges in South Jersey, imo. And while they seem to be striving for continuity in the firearms business by selling it to their store manager Brielle, only time will tell if she, in her new role as owner, is completely up to the task of maintaining the high level that we (I, at least) have come to expect from Shooters over the years. NJ won't be making things any easier as time goes on. At best, to me the range closing represents a big loss for South Jersey gun owners. I wish Brielle the very best in her endeavor.

Stopped in there this morning at 8am, place was packed, line for ammo was 25 deep, plenty of guns on the shelf, picked up a few items. The way people were spending I wouldn’t be surprised if the store is empty by Monday.