ESB

FBI Director "terror threats in the US are at an unprecedented level"

FBI chief says terror attack threat highest for YEARS with 'blinking lights everywhere' (msn.com)

FBI director Christopher Wray has claimed terror threats in the US are at an unprecedented level with "blinking red lights everywhere".   Speaking to the Senate Judiciary Committee on Tuesday, the FBI chief said the threat level had gone to a "whole other level" in recent weeks.  He said: "What I would say that is unique about the environment that we're in right now, in my career, is that, while there may have been times over the years where individual threats could have been higher here or there than where they may be right now, I've never seen a time where all the threats, or so many of the threats, are all elevated, all at exactly the same time."

I'm sure this will be used to push a renewal of FISA 702 unchanged, which has been abused in order to violate our rights.  The question is will just threats of terror on US soil be sufficient, or will an actual event have to happen for them to get their way?  

During the hearing, Wray also outlined why Section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, which is set to expire at the end of this year, should be renewed.  "702 is key to our ability to detect a foreign terrorist organization overseas directing an operative here to carry out an attack in our own backyard," the FBI director said.  

Maybe there's more threats now because they've spent so much time and attention doing the bidding of the Southern Poverty Law Center and the like by going after Christian pastors, traditional Catholics, Trump supporters, and white supremacists (primarily embedded FBI agents)? Um, just kidding Mr. Wray.

• Agree 2