Lawnmower2021

Masterpiece Arms defender 9mm: Yay or nay?

Considering one of these as a range toy... are they NJ compliant? Any opinions on them?

I kind of dig the MAC10 aesthetic of the top cocker, but I also think the MPA30DMG looks cool. I wonder if it takes the same Glock mags my SUB2000 does.

Screenshot taken from https://masterpiecearms.com/cat/defender-series/pistols/9mm/:

image.thumb.png.0e0cc162533a8ee5e69e2774b40a6de7.png

4 hours ago, Mr.Stu said:

If you got one of the special order ones without a threaded barrel, I think it would be legal with a pinned magazine.

I've shot both a MAC10 and an UZI and they really are not worth the hype. I can't imagine this being any better.

That's a fair take.

For some reason I recalled reading on here that it could be compliant. Ah well, I'm sure there are better things :) Thanks for the input all!

On 12/13/2023 at 3:17 PM, Lawnmower2021 said:

Considering one of these as a range toy... are they NJ compliant? Any opinions on them?

I kind of dig the MAC10 aesthetic of the top cocker, but I also think the MPA30DMG looks cool. I wonder if it takes the same Glock mags my SUB2000 does.

Screenshot taken from https://masterpiecearms.com/cat/defender-series/pistols/9mm/:

image.thumb.png.0e0cc162533a8ee5e69e2774b40a6de7.png

All of those pistols (with maybe the exception of the DMG) are over 50oz. And whether they have a barrel shroud is open to debate. So even with a non threaded barrel they are still possibly a no go.

MPA used to make a few smaller versions of these pistols that were under 50oz and were NJ legal, but they stopped making them a few years ago

• Thanks 1