revenger

removing biden from ballot

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/12/22/exclusive-republicans-drafting-bills-to-remove-joe-biden-from-ballots-in-georgia-arizona-pennsylvania/

I just cant believe how far behind the strategic 8 ball the "republican" party is.   this is what the democrats want,  why are we doing it for them?      I get the payback for what the communists are doing to Trump but doing their dirty work?

"Republicans"   time is rapidly running out , less than 11 months.    If you all dont get behind trump we are going to lose the entire game. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

It won’t happen. Biden won’t be removed from the ballot in either PA or GA. 

If the 'bills' required the governor's signature, you're right. 

If there's some mechanisms where election law permits the legislature at act on removal without the governor's approval, maybe the bills will pass.

But then it will be taken to court where the state Supreme Courts (at least in PA) will knock it down.

Frankly I don't know what the mechanisms are in those three states to do that.

But really, this is just tit for tat. What they SHOULD be doing is dumping unsolicited mail-in ballots, implementing required voter ID, and telling their Supreme Courts to fuck off if they rule they can't do that!

2 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

If the 'bills' required the governor's signature, you're right. 

If there's some mechanisms where election law permits the legislature at act on removal without the governor's approval, maybe the bills will pass.

But then it will be taken to court where the state Supreme Courts (at least in PA) will knock it down.

Frankly I don't know what the mechanisms are in those three states to do that.

But really, this is just tit for tat. What they SHOULD be doing is dumping unsolicited mail-in ballots, implementing required voter ID, and telling their Supreme Courts to fuck off if they rule they can't do that!

In theory, you’re correct. In practice, it won’t happen. 

The reality is it shouldn’t happen at all.  But with the Democrats trying to mimic Colorado in NY, CA, and somewhere else (AZ?) the republicans need to do something.   At the end of the day SCOTUS needs to smack it all down as unconstitutional political BS.  

• Agree 1