BadBul

Shotguns

I'm looking to buy a shotgun and I'm not sure what to buy. Can some of you guys that own one post a picture with the make, model, price range and any included accessories that are on it in the picture.

I'm looking for a shotgun for mainly intimidation (home defense) and trap shooting.

I stole this picture from oldslabsides and tend to like this one. If your reading this oldslabside what make, model and accessory is on it?

P1010152.jpg

CIMG3843.jpg

Ithaca Model 37 (12 ga. pump) from the 60's, 18" barrel, I have added the same 5 shot slip on shell holder that's on oldslabsides. 4+1 capacity, 'slam fire' capable

And I've shot clays with the 18" barrel and have hit more than not - Malsua will tell you ;)

If you want to add a pistol grip go with an 870, the tang safety on a Mossberg is awkward with a pistol grip. The 870 safety will be at your fingertip. I prefer the tang safety and action bar release on a Mossberg.They are more user friendly for me.

Both are great shotgus that will get the job done.

Hey BadBul,

Remington 870 Express 7-shot. Got mine for $ 349.00 new. There are two ATK clamps holding a Streamlight Nightfighter LED 120 Lumen flashlight to the mag tube. Neoprene shell holder on stock. Will upgrade to a side saddle. Upgraded extractor and carrier dog spring to Remington 870 Police parts. Slick action, love it.

You can't beat it for the price. Talk to Vinny at Huting World or Paul at Arms-n-Ammo, I'm sure they could get you one.

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/shotguns/model_870/model_870_express_synthetic_7-round.asp

Here are a few of mine....I use this light kit on my 870. And a SureFire on my 590. The pistol grip 870 is a little different now, it has a smaller tactical foregrip on it. Gotta update the pics. And the min. bbl length is 18.5", 26" total gun length.

[attachment=2]shotguns.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]870 1.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]Mariner.jpg[/attachment]

Hey BadBul,

Remington 870 Express 7-shot. Got mine for $ 349.00 new. There are two ATK clamps holding a Streamlight Nightfighter LED 120 Lumen flashlight to the mag tube. Neoprene shell holder on stock. Will upgrade to a side saddle. Upgraded extractor and carrier dog spring to Remington 870 Police parts. Slick action, love it.

You can't beat it for the price. Talk to Vinny at Huting World or Paul at Arms-n-Ammo, I'm sure they could get you one.

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/shotguns/model_870/model_870_express_synthetic_7-round.asp

Thanks for the info, I'm sure Vinny and Paul can't get me anything untill my FID comes in. I've been waiting 9 and a 1'2 weels... I'll be sure to check in with them once I get it thou.

There are a hell-of-a-lot of nice shotguns in this thread. Id the one Chad posted with the grip and no stock legal too?

Yes, its a pump

"Brain fart" I was told before...

Yes it's NJ safe, do anything you like to pump shotguns just dont mess with the barrel lenght(16 inch min?)

I honestly dont know. I got it on ebay for $10.00 :p It's very comfortable, next time I take it apart I will look and see if there are any markings on it.

Please do sir. I think it might be the common one I see all the time by ATI. But I'm not sure.

When I get my FID the first thing I'm picking up is an 870 and when it grows up it's going to be just like this one.

870 Police Magnum Parkerized 18" barrel

- Ported barrel, Rem-choke IC Comp Choke installed

- 8 round capacity

- Rail system for lights and forward grips

- Trijicon RX-06 Reflex 12.9MOA Triangle reticle

- Weight 8.7lbs with Trijicon

DSCF10211.jpg

DSCF21139.jpg