diamondd817

South Carolina Reciprocity?

How do you carry in South Carolina? Between NJ, PA Non Resident, and a Utah Non Resident, I still can't carry in SC. SC doesn't issue Non Resident unless you own property there. They did honor FL, but is FL still issuing permits now that they are permitless? 

33 minutes ago, diamondd817 said:

How do you carry in South Carolina? Between and NJ, PA Non Resident, and a Utah Non Resident, I still can't carry in SC. SC doesn't issue Non Resident unless you own property there. They did honor FL, but is FL still issuing permits now that they are permitless? 

Florida absolutely still does CCW permits!  For it to be honored by South Carolina,  it MUST be a resident Florida permit.

I have NJ resident, Florida non resident and PA non resident and SC is still a no go for me!

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Florida absolutely still does CCW permits!  For it to be honored by South Carolina,  it MUST be a resident Florida permit.

I have NJ resident, Florida non resident and PA non resident and SC is still a no go for me!

Ok, so I guess there is no way for us to legally carry in SC then. It would be nice to be able drive from NJ to FL legally.

9 hours ago, Old Glock guy said:

Yes, South Carolina is an odd bird on CCW, considering that they are a fairly deep red state.  Last I heard, they were on the verge of going Consitutional/permitless carry, so that might be your best hope.

That would work, fingers crossed.

On 2/19/2024 at 4:22 AM, diamondd817 said:

Ok, so I guess there is no way for us to legally carry in SC then. It would be nice to be able drive from NJ to FL legally.

That would work, fingers crossed.

As difficult as it is to get a SC permit, they do allow you to keep a loaded handgun in a car glove box and allow you to carry it loaded from the car/glove box to the place where you are staying.

16 minutes ago, father-of-three said:

As difficult as it is to get a SC permit, they do allow you to keep a loaded handgun in a car glove box and allow you to carry it loaded from the car/glove box to the place where you are staying.

Interesting. So basically, while driving through SC just unholster and put in glove box. 

26 minutes ago, Old Glock guy said:

Looks like SC finally got around to passing Constitutional carry (sort of).

I'ts the worst "Constitutional Carry" bill I've ever read.  The list of "prohibited places" reads like the New York state list.  The most bizarre piece of the bill is if you are "Constitutional Carrying" and you are convicted of a crime, you will have additional prison time added to whatever the original conviction was for.  However, if you have a concealed carry permit instead, you are exempt from that extra prison time.  Mr. Kirk talks about that toward the end of the video.