1LtCAP

password stuff

ok. so since today was going to total shiit.....so too did my computer. the one that i log in on at the shop farted puked sneezed and pooped all at once. once it came back up, firefox was still doing all of those things. i ended up having to make a new profile within firefox to get it to log onto any site. my problem......i don't have a cheatsheet with my passwords written down. i don't remember my password for here so that i can relog on that computer again. i went into my profile here to account settings, and it gives me the option to change my password....but i'm gonna hafta have my current password to do that. how the hell do i find it? it wasn't/isn't saved through firefox.....i clicked the "keep me logged in" option when i logged in, so i never have to type it. now i'm paying the price.

I ran into a similar situation about a year ago.  Contact an admin and have them reset your password, you will automatically be e-mailed a temporary password, along with a link.  Once you sign in with the temp password, reset it to whatever. 

btw, it IS okay to write down your passwords.  Just don't do it on a post-it and stick it to your monitor.

28 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

I ran into a similar situation about a year ago.  Contact an admin and have them reset your password, you will automatically be e-mailed a temporary password, along with a link.  Once you sign in with the temp password, reset it to whatever. 

btw, it IS okay to write down your passwords.  Just don't do it on a post-it and stick it to your monitor.

i used to keep them written down. when i had my mortgage, and my payment on the gt, i had a cheatsheet with the passwords to those sites, and my old bank along with a few others. i still have that one. but i don't have any of my current stuff. i got complacent, like a dummy.

ok....how do i tag admins?

Or you could go to login page with Firefox and select "forgot password"

It should send a rest link to email or SMS

I use KeePass, and I don't store that password electronically, only handwritten

My phone died last year when I was OCONUS.  only backup was an old Fire tablet, and almost every account wants to 2F to my phone or authenticator. And I was using eSIM. Very difficult to get even minimal capability. But I will NEVER use eSIM for my primary number again!