Sign in to follow this  
FlyersFan

Hi Point Pistols

Hey guys, I'm in the market for a .45 ACP handgun. I'm fairly new to the gun scene and was wondering if a Hi Point pistol would be a good choice. I can't believe how cheap they are...is it a "you get what you pay for" sort of thing, or are they a reliable buy? Thanks!

I don't have any experience with the Hi point, but as far as the 'you get what you pay for thing' with guns is concerned, I have purchased inexpensive guns in the past and never had a problem. I think it really depends on what you are going to do with it, how much you plan on actually shooting etc. I'm not a sniper, I'm not a hunter, I'm not a LEO, I don't shoot competitions, I sometimes like to go target shooting, and I like to protect my family. So, if you want something that goes boom when you pull the trigger (like me), and dont care about .000002 lb. triggers, $8,000 sights, or other stuff (also like me), I see nothing wrong with going inexpensive.

Some people will say the quality is lacking in less expensive firearms, but the way I look at it (and this is just with firearms, nothing else) realistically a inexpensive gun will still out live you, it may last 9 lifetimes instead of 10 like their triple-the-price counterparts. I've shot plenty of ammo with some of my inexpensive guns without a hiccup. Maybe I'm lucky? I wouldn't break the bank if you dont have to, and especially if you are just starting out...start small and slowly work your way up to expensive stuff if thats what you are after.

Please remember, this is just one persons opinon.

its a handgun, but have you ever felt it in your hand? Cheyenne mountain had one... it answered my questions.

I would probly buy one just to say I have it... and at $150 I can think of worse ways of spending money... but given the choice, there are better firearms out there.

Hi point customer service is supposed to be top notch though.

The only time I see Hi-Point hand guns are at crime scenes or when the police to a raid at a drug house. There's a reason why they cost 150 bucks. Save some extra scratch and get something a little more "well built".

Thanks for the input guys, I really appreciate it! After reading your comments and a few reviews online, as well as chatting with some of the guys at Bob's Little Sport Shop in Glassboro, I think I'm going to steer clear of Hi Point and get something a little more reliable. I would like to shoot one sometime just to see what they feel like and how they handle though.

Thanks for the input guys, I really appreciate it! After reading your comments and a few reviews online, as well as chatting with some of the guys at Bob's Little Sport Shop in Glassboro, I think I'm going to steer clear of Hi Point and get something a little more reliable. I would like to shoot one sometime just to see what they feel like and how they handle though.

Good decision sir. If you want, you can rent a handgun from Bullet Hole. They have a wide selection so you can get the feel of it.

Good decision sir. If you want, you can rent a handgun from Bullet Hole. They have a wide selection so you can get the feel of it.

It will take him 2 hours to make it up there.

go across the border to PA. =P or around here.

Were in PA can you rent handgun Maksim? Can anyone?

Ready aim fire

rafire.com

classic pistol

classicpistol.com

also, sunset hill:

http://sunsethill.slvrcreek.com/home.htm

Though Sunset Hill is wayyyyyy north of philly.