Sign in to follow this  
n4p226r

remington 700 usr

to me, this is one of the coolest looking rifles out there.

usr_lg.jpg

i'll be honest, i know next to nothing about rifles, but i think if i had the cash, id buy one of these based on looks alone. then i'd move to a state so i can get the supressor on it as well.

are these for sale to civilians? besides the supressor, are they legal in nj? im not sure on the threaded barrel laws on a bolt action. im guessing no pistol grip and 10 round magazine would both make it not a scary black rifle.

so what is your guys opinion on this rifle?

Looks very cool. Cool name. Like it alot. I would buy one.

Being its a remmy 700, I doubt the bbl is that short with a supressor added onto the end. To me, it looks similar to the GSG-5 FAKE suppressor. Meaning the bbl goes all the way to the end, and that supressor looking thing slides over the bbl. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong. I cannot find anything on remingtons website on the 700 USR, but there is plenty of chatter on other sites.

OUCH!!!!!!!

mag would be limited to 15 rounds.

Threaded barrel and just about anything else is OK because it is a bolt action rifle and not a semi-automatic.

I believe the only laws which would apply would be 1. 15 round mag 2. 16" minimum barrel 3. 26" overall length (#2 and 3 are federal laws)

That is normal barrel life, Unless you get the 308 then you can get a little more. I change out barrels about 3000 to 3500 on my 308 system.

It is not the barrel so much as it is the throat of the chamber, Once it erodes away there goes your accuracy. You can have them re chambered but it shortens the barrel and you pay almost as much as a new barrel.

In this game if it can not hold 1/2 moa it is done for. Imho

I have shot on courses all day and have only gone through 35-40 rounds.

It is not a AR style run and gun or hop and pop.