Sign in to follow this  
Chad

Bank Teller Fired

That's pretty much the Policy in EVERY bank, as well as m,ost retail places. If there's a robbery, coooperate get the BG out as quickly as possible and dont do anything to get a customer hurt. It's not the Scum-Bag bank, it's the Scum-bag LAWYERS that force the insurance companies to insist on language like this in the employee regulations. It's cheaper to just pay off for the loss, than pay out Millions and Millions of dollars for Lawsuits of victims because an employee resisted.

Might not be RIGHT..but it is, what it is.

I can smell the lawsuit now...

Badguy: "I am suing the bank because one of the bank employees held me under gunpoint and beat my ass after I tried to rob the place."

+1 on the retail/store/bank environment... we were not to chase or try to keep the bad guy in the store.

I remember a few years back, when the PS2's or 3's came out... one of the security guys at Best buy got in trouble for chasing the bad guy out of the store after the baddie ran in, grabbed the ps3 and bolted.

Badguy: "I am suing the bank because one of the bank employees held me under gunpoint and beat my a** after I tried to rob the place."

+1 on the retail/store/bank environment... we were not to chase or try to keep the bad guy in the store.

I remember a few years back, when the PS2's or 3's came out... one of the security guys at Best buy got in trouble for chasing the bad guy out of the store after the baddie ran in, grabbed the ps3 and bolted.

Mak wqay back in the rookie days I was literally 75 FEET from a bank robbery in progress..the robbers must've pretty much walked PAST me. The bank (Now defunct) had a policy that there were NO silent Alrams, and after the robber left the doors were locked for 10 minutes before any customers were left or the manager called the PD. They ended up getting sued by a customer for the locking in part, but that was after the President of the bank made a public statement to the papers about their bank's policy...I think they had about 30 more robberies of assorted branches in less than a month after that, and ended up getting bought out. Personally I like Britain's way of doing it. Teller pushes a button and a HUGE armored door rolls down across the windows, and the door is electronically locked BG is trapped till the PC's show up. Of course they're rethinking that now since Amazingly they are starting to have REAL gun problems now after the total ban.

Badguy: "I am suing the bank because one of the bank employees held me under gunpoint and beat my a** after I tried to rob the place."

Mak wqay back in the rookie days I was literally 75 FEET from a bank robbery in progress..the robbers must've pretty much walked PAST me. The bank (Now defunct) had a policy that there were NO silent Alrams, and after the robber left the doors were locked for 10 minutes before any customers were left or the manager called the PD. They ended up getting sued by a customer for the locking in part, but that was after the President of the bank made a public statement to the papers about their bank's policy...I think they had about 30 more robberies of assorted branches in less than a month after that, and ended up getting bought out. Personally I like Britain's way of doing it. Teller pushes a button and a HUGE armored door rolls down across the windows, and the door is electronically locked BG is trapped till the PC's show up. Of course they're rethinking that now since Amazingly they are starting to have REAL gun problems now after the total ban.

That is the crazy part...

even though the bag guys would be trapped in... how many innocent people are they going to hurt this way? Consider no law abiding citizen has a handgun there to CC. Now imagine if every citizen was REQUIRED to own a personal safety defice, ie handgun, knife, mace.... how much you want to bet those baddies will think twice about robbing the place.

downside is... how many bar fights will turn into shootouts.

...Now imagine if every citizen was REQUIRED to own a personal safety defice, ie handgun, knife, mace.... how much you want to bet those baddies will think twice about robbing the place....

I can't support a law requiring any person to own a weapon in much the same way that I can't support any law which prevents us from owning any either.

1. There are too many idiots out there who are better off without guns

2. Telling someone they HAVE to have a gun/weapon is almost worse than telling someone they CAN'T.

But I'm sure you only said that to make a point, and I agree. If all the customer's were armed.. then robbery's like that would be virtually non-existent.