Sign in to follow this  
XDJohnTact

primers out of stock everywhere?

Damn, I only have a couple thousand left, I hope they are back in stock when I need more :cry: Seems like the prices really skyrocketed since I last bought them? I think I paid either $24.00 or $26.00 a thousand :(

I've actually found a lot of primers lately. I ask anytime I'm buying other stuff, and a least half the time they'll sell me 500 or 1000 from a drawer. They aren't putting them out, or selling more than 1000 at a time due to hoarders, but they're out there.

All the places in PA I visit have had lots. The powder dealer had them at the start of Saturday, but sold out pretty quickly.

Mail and internet, well I haven't seen them in stock for a long time.

They will be in stock. The supply is coming in and backorders are being filled. The hoarding has slowed down and some of the prices places are selling them for are outrageous, so they are sitting a little longer.

I finally finished some primers marked $16/k. I learned my lesson early on to buy some whenever I am out and they are there. 1K here and there adds up quickly.

They will be in stock. The supply is coming in and backorders are being filled

I was having this conversation with the reloading manager of one of NH largest dealers and probably the most active reloading supplier in the state. He said the supplies are far from normal. He can order whatever he wants and get a small fraction. As he wholesales from a huge warehouse on site, he places anything but a small order. A extremely large operation just over the border with a gun area that is larger than the nearby Calebas still cannot get a decent supply in and has limited primer sales to 200 per customer. That would hold me for about a half hour.

On the other hand it looks like firearms sales are caught up and in some cases exceeding demand by a significant margin which has caused pricing to decline. I hope the entire industry levels out and supplies in all areas once again become readily available at a normal price.

They will be in stock. The supply is coming in and backorders are being filled

I was having this conversation with the reloading manager of one of NH largest dealers and probably the most active reloading supplier in the state. He said the supplies are far from normal. He can order whatever he wants and get a small fraction. As he wholesales from a huge warehouse on site, he places anything but a small order. A extremely large operation just over the border with a gun area that is larger than the nearby Calebas still cannot get a decent supply in and has limited primer sales to 200 per customer. That would hold me for about a half hour.

On the other hand it looks like firearms sales are caught up and in some cases exceeding demand by a significant margin which has caused pricing to decline. I hope the entire industry levels out and supplies in all areas once again become readily available at a normal price.

We can only hope. =)

Well, I guess I am going to have to shop locally or find someone going to a show to pick some up. I don't mind paying the "hazmat" fee when I get a couple of pounds of powder and a couple thousand primers but I am not paying it to get 200 or 500 primers!

I don't mind paying the "hazmat" fee

I do group buys with friends. We have bought a few hundred pounds of powder and the dealer waived the hazmat charge and shipping was spread out making it reasonable.