BadBul

Florida CCW

If I'm not reading this wrong why do a FL CCW by mail when you can cross the boarder into PA and get one right from them.

The PA license is accepted in FL too.

Who can apply for a Pennsylvania License to Carry?

Individuals who are 21 years of age or older and are NOT Pennsylvania residents may apply for a license by submitting a completed Application for a Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms to any Pennsylvania County Sheriff

If I'm not reading this wrong why do a FL CCW by mail when you can cross the boarder into PA and get one right from them.

The PA license is accepted in FL too.

Who can apply for a Pennsylvania License to Carry?

Individuals who are 21 years of age or older and are NOT Pennsylvania residents may apply for a license by submitting a completed Application for a Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms to any Pennsylvania County Sheriff

I've been told by people at the ANJRPC as well as the NJCSD that NJ residents without NJ carry permits cannot be issued PA non-resident carry licenses. Because NJ issues such permits (although on its very restricted basis), most of us cannot apply directly for a PA license.

I have heard that there was one particular sheriff in PA that was issuing such licenses to NJ residents, interpreting a FID as a similar document to a carry license, but I don't know who it was.

However, in all fairness, I have not tried to apply for a PA license. If you do, be sure to let us know how it works out.

most pa sheriffs will not process out of state permits unless you have one in your home state - i still think that you can get a limited one for hunting + fishing -

I have heard that there was one particular sheriff in PA that was issuing such licenses to NJ residents, interpreting a FID as a similar document to a carry license, but I don't know who it was.

However, in all fairness, I have not tried to apply for a PA license. If you do, be sure to let us know how it works out.

Centre County, PA issues the most non-resident permits in the state and had issued to NJ residents many, many years ago. I called Centre County last year and Sheriff Denny Nau answered the phone himself. The guy was great and expressed his sympathies to the residents of NJ. He said : "Since there is a provision in NJ that issues CCW's, you must first obtain the license in your home state (NJ), before PA can issue the non-resident permit. He understands that it was next to impossible to get it but the PA law requires it. He said I should move to PA.

It's best not to apply as you don't need a rejection on your record when you apply for your Florida CCW.

I applied to PA, and they said "no way Jose". Need a NJ carry permit. Seems strange, since I have two out of state permits that let me carry in PA.

It's simple: the law requires that non-residents must have a CCW from their home state if they wish to receive a PA non-resident license. The sheriffs do not make the laws, they only carry them out.

New Hampshire had a similar law, but it has been modified so that non-residents with a CCW from any state may be issued a non-resident license. Anyone wishing to travel there should know that NH does not recognize FL licenses except for residents of FL, but if you have a FL license, you may apply for one from NH.