Sign in to follow this  
matty

Another new Gun Shop in Jackson

Well, I drive to work every day, passing CJRPC and a little store at the corner of Stump Tavern Rd and W. Vets Hwy for the last 2 years since I moved to Jax. The little store was an antiques place that had closed down. Lately the intersection there was repaved and the little building was repainted & cleaned up, and I would see a car or two & people doing something or other there. I drive in the AM today as usual, and there is a brand new sign on top: Pinelands Sporting goods (or Sports something, had a truck on my tail & couldn't stop) New & Used Guns Bought & Sold. Right down the road from CJRPC and on the way to Dix. I will be driving by there later on my way home and will stop off, and see if they are open. Looks like I have lucked out with moving to a gun-friendly town, with the club and at least two or three shops, such as they may be, and the current Mayor is a CJRPC member, and the PD is easy to deal with on permits/FPID.

Jackson has CJRPC (THE Range as TA sez :) ), and close by is Ft. Dix Range 14 and Colliers Mills WMA, but I am not too sure about where & what at Colliers Mills. Or you can make new friends of someone in the western part of town that has a few acres, or better yet, buy some of the parcels I see for sale & invite the NJ Gun forums crowd over :idea: :D

The number on their sign was 732-961-7248. Since it's a biz and in big numbers on his sign, I don't think the guy will mind. Nothin on Google. I asked about his hours also yesterday and he said he would be open early during hunting season, as early as 6 maybe. Good place to get people stopping to hunt in the various places in the area too. Let me know if you talk to him, I forgot his name , I am terrible with that :oops:

So I managed to stop in there today at Pineland Sports on my way home. Small place, guy's name is Cy. He is a CJRPC member. He does not yet have his guns and ammo there, he is waiting on the state approval, I am sure its a major PITA to get that done. He had fishing stuff, reels, poles, like some hooks and such, a lot of gun cleaning stuff, some crossbows, targets, gun cases, deer hunting paraphenalia and some other misc stuff. Will see how he does, its convenient for me. If yer in the nabe drop by and say hi to Cy! ;)