Sign in to follow this  
matt6669

Can't even relax on vacation

So my buddy and I are coming back from Ikea tonight on interstate 50 driving in the slow lane. I was coming up on a tractor trailer so I signaled to move over. Just as I had moved over the tractor trailer that was in front of my doesn't even look, and just WHIPS his truck into the lane that I just moved into. So now I have to slam on my brakes sending my truck into a tail slide, sending the back of my truck to the left about at a 45 degree angle to the lane that I am in. So I get the truck straightened back out and after wiping my seat from the crap thats in it I move over to start to pass this guy again. My buddy give him a little bit of Jersey flavor and we keep moving. So we are in the lane over from him and he's coming up on a guy next to us. Next thing I know he WHIPS the truck into the lane behind me now and he's literally no more than 3ft behind me. So I give him a little brake check like uh HELLO you can't even stop get off my ass. So next thing he drops about 20 car lengths back but finally passes that truck that he was trying to get in front of.

So now we are about 20 car lengths in front of him and the next thing I notice this guy is ALL over the road. He's weaving in and out of traffic. Then out of nowhere he starts gaining on us coming up the lane that were in. He gets to about 5 ft behind me, whips his truck into the lane to my left and hammers on it I can hear the turbo spool up. Only problem is about 10 car lengths ahead of us there is a truck in the lane that he's in thats only doing about 70 and at this point he's doing excess of 80. So theres about a car length now between me and the guy in the lane ahead of me and this guy in the tractor trailer is not letting off the gas. The next thing I know this guy is about 5 ft off this guys bumper, now he's LAYING on his brakes and is now trying to move right into the lane that I'm in. I'm literally laying on my horn trying to move over except theres another car to my right at my bumper so I couldn't move over. So finally I move over and he's still moving over to the right. I have no where to go except the shoulder I'm still laying on my horn this whole time. So finally I am able to brake enough and he keeps moving over and pulls right in front of me and lays on his brakes again. At this point my buddy just got connected through to 911 and they were transferring him to the State police.

So next thing this guy whips his truck onto the shoulder, all you can smell is his brakes burning up beyond belief. We get connected to the Maryland State police and we tell the guy the situation and give him the state and the tag PT-25 as that was all that we could get. The statie goes, no worries I have a guy sitting off the highway at the exit before I'm sending him right now, and I am sending the Anne Arundle county PD to get in on this.

I really hope this bastard gets nailed. Oh and when we past him the first time, he was on his freaking cell phone. I seriously thought the first time I was done for. I have no idea what was wrong with this guy or what he was thinking but I really hope the cops get him on the side of the road.

I got a drink in my hand and I'm signing off. Enjoy gentlemen!!!

Gees Matt, you gotta calm down on the computer. ;)

Your alive, your friends alive, noone is dead. All is well.

only because I have the mad driving skills :lol:

I'm good now, I got it typed down instead of doing something else so I'm better now but yeah that was some scary stuff buhhh

Glad you're safe.

Don't even mess with trucks. Just flip 'em the bird and go 100mph for a few miles. I was following one and a tread let go. BANG...I see crap flying in the air, I slammed on the brakes in this old POS plymouth and fishtailed. After that time and the time we were in my Dad's 68 Caddy in about 75 and a tire came OFF the truck and bounced OVER, I just give those 80,000lb death machines a wide berth.

I just couldn't believe what this guy was doing, he was totally out of control I was shocked, I have never seen someone behave like that ever and I do a decent amount of driving. Definitely scared the crap out of me.

It's a shame that every group always has the bad seeds that give a bad name to everyone else tisk tisk

Yep....gotta watch those san fransisco drivers! That is where you and your ahem *friend* are vacationing, right? :p

JK JK bud, glad you're safe, and unharmed.

No my dumb dumb friend moved to Maryland aka another communist state like NJ with really crappy gun laws. I've contemplated moving down here for both school and a different chapter in my life, but I don't know if I can deal with the same BS that we deal with in NJ.

I really wish I had a CCW when all of this went down because I would of stopped 100 ft behind this guy and just waited for the state police to show up and give a statement. But my brain is bigger than that, and who knows what was wrong with that guy, so I wasn't putting myself into a situation like that without some form of protection. Gotta love not living in America.