Sign in to follow this  
Malsua

Florida & VA CCW Permit Seminar 9-27-09 Sussex NJ

Just got this message.

This is their 3rd one I believe. I am going to be attending.

-----------------

Thank you to all that have shown interest in attending a CCW Permit Seminar with Safeguarding Freedom LLC.

We have scheduled our next CCW Permit Seminar for Sunday September 27th at Pochuck Valley Fire Dept, 13 Lake Wallkill Road, Sussex, NJ from 10am until 1pm.

Please fill out the application form on the website to confirm your spot.

CCW Permit Website Link: http://safeguardingfreedom.com/CCW/form1.html

Take care and stay safe.

Kenneth Adam

Safeguarding Freedom LLC

They say 10-1 for their hours...did they open the doors at 10 or were they banging on all cylinders at 10? I hate showing up at a "scheduled" time and find out everyone else showed up an hour earlier and were already done filling out paperwork by the time they started processing.

Yes, I stress about stupid stuff like this. heh.

Yeah.... they will be up and running enough by 10 to give you the packets..... by the time you have those filled out... the local Police Officer will be there and the camara will also be up and running.... and by then, the Notary will be doing his thing....

There by 10.... be heading home by 11 or so....

Hey guys, Ken from Safeguarding Freedom here.

Malsua, we arrive at the firehouse about 30 minutes before the seminar starts and its takes some time to get everything setup. We have to make sure that the building is open, all the tables are setup, etc. That half an hour has extra time set aside to work through the problems for that day, if things went smooth we're ready to go before 10. If you want to get a jump on things you can show-up early just be prepared to wait incase things weren't perfect.

Tinyboy, Florida is the big one to get for the East Coast. We provide Virgina as well for a few reasons.

The main reason is that the reciprocity agreements between states are always changing and having Virginia as well as Florida has the potential to expand your coverage area. Currently getting the Virgina permit doesn't add any states beyond what Florida provides but there's absolutely no guarentee that will be the case in six months or a year. We try to stay current with the reciprocity laws but its difficult for the average citizen to keep tabs on each states laws as they change. We sell a firearms law guide that outlines each state's laws and reciprocity agreements which is a huge help. Its only printed once a year though and things could change during the current year before the book is updated. Its basically adding another layer of covering your ass if you plan to CCW

The second reason is that the Virginia permit is much easier and faster to get. The turnaround time for Virginia is about 2-3 weeks, Florida is around 2-3 months and getting longer. Florida is also more difficult to get the approval for. My father and I sent in our Florida applications with the exact same training certificates from our Sigarms Pistol Course. Mine was approved and his was sent back as unacceptable. It took him another month to get everything straightened out before finally get his Florida permit.

Hope to see you guys at the seminar. :)

Thanks Ken. That's what I needed to know.

I'm getting both just for the reasons you identified.

There are I think at least 3 of the guys from here planning on going.

I'm Mark, Matt is on vacation but I think he filled out the app and there was someone else who mentioned it before.

67gto turned us all on to your seminar a few months back. I emailed you after I had missed the last one and you followed up.

Thanks!

Ken,

Welcome to the group.

I'm probably going to miss this one, but want to do it in the future. Are the seminars regularly scheduled? I didn't see a list of future dates on your website. Do you know when the next one will be?

Thanks.

Ken

Ken,

Welcome to the group.

I'm probably going to miss this one, but want to do it in the future. Are the seminars regularly scheduled? I didn't see a list of future dates on your website. Do you know when the next one will be?

Thanks.

Ken

Ken, after the last one I had sent a note to KenA and he emailed me today. That form on their website probably just forwards to some email boxes so fill it out and add some notes in there that you can't attend or something and want notified for the following one. That or he can chime in an tell you what to do.

Ken,

Welcome to the group.

Thanks.

Ken

Ken, after the last one I had sent a note to KenA and he emailed me today. That form on their website probably just forwards to some email boxes so fill it out and add some notes in there that you can't attend or something and want notified for the following one. That or he can chime in an tell you what to do.

Will do. Thanks.

Mark, I recieved your registration for the 27th, you're good to go. I'm looking forward to seeing you there.

Troy, thanks for the welcome! Its good to be here. Thanks for all your kind words and support, I'm glad you liked our seminar.

Matt, glad you're going to make it, please send in a registration when you get a chance on the website. It's much easier for us to track things that way.

Ken, we try to run the seminar everyone one to two months depending on interest. We don't have a date planned for the next one but as Mark said you can fill out the form on our website and mention that you're interested in future date. I'll probably add that as an option to the website when I get a chance. After that I'll be sure to email you of any upcoming dates as soon as they are set.

We're working to become a sponser for the forums as well. You guys have a nice place here. :)

Ken, we try to run the seminar everyone one to two months depending on interest. We don't have a date planned for the next one but as Mark said you can fill out the form on our website and mention that you're interested in future date. I'll probably add that as an option to the website when I get a chance. After that I'll be sure to email you of any upcoming dates as soon as they are set.

We're working to become a sponser here as well. You guys have a nice place here. :)

I'll do that.

Crap. Another Ken. As if I wasn't confused enough already. I may have Alzheimer's, but at least I don't have Alzheimer's ;)

I'll do that.

Crap. Another Ken. As if I wasn't confused enough already. I may have Alzheimer's, but at least I don't have Alzheimer's ;)

I just recieved your info.

You have to admit, more Ken's is never a bad thing! Or is that guns? Or beer? I can't remember so I'll just have to get them all! :D

Mark, I recieved your registration for the 27th, you're good to go. I'm looking forward to seeing you there.

Great! I plan to be there. The only thing that would prevent it is that I have some work travel out of the country coming up that isn't finalized yet.

We're working to become a sponser for the forums as well. You guys have a nice place here. :)

Sounds good. Maks is on vacation I think but i'm sure he'll get back to you pretty quick.

Kenw,

If you have a training certificate from an NRA course, you could just email FL or VA for the packet, take passport pictures, get fingerprinted at your local pd, fill out the form and get it notarized. As long as you already have a certificate from a previous course, you're good.

Now Utah and I think N.H. actually require a CCW course to be taken before getting their application packets.

Kenw,

If you have a training certificate from an NRA course, you could just email FL or VA for the packet, take passport pictures, get fingerprinted at your local pd, fill out the form and get it notarized. As long as you already have a certificate from a previous course, you're good.

Now Utah and I think N.H. actually require a CCW course to be taken before getting their application packets.

All the above things is the service these folks are offering. It's worth it to me to just get it all done at once for the money.

I have the NRA Cert. I'm not really in any hurry. Besides being a lazy dolt, I'm still wrangling with myself about the whole out of state CCW thing. It seems so defeatist to go that route when I can't just do it here like they do in America. I don't go out of state very often, and I'm not even sure that I would carry if I could, but I think I'd like the feeling of being free to do so if I wanted to without becoming a criminal for exercising what should be my rights anywhere.

Besides, if I get the permit, then I have to go shopping for an appropriate gun. Oh, wait. That's a good thing. :)

K

Great! I plan to be there. The only thing that would prevent it is that I have some work travel out of the country coming up that isn't finalized yet.

Sounds good. Maks is on vacation I think but i'm sure he'll get back to you pretty quick.

Mark, if something comes up and you've got to cancel, just shoot me an email and I'll make sure to keep you in the loop for future seminars. Thanks for letting me know Maks is on vacation, I'll be on the lookout for his email when he gets back.

njpilot is correct, if you've got the proof of training you could take care of everything on your own. If anyone is trying the application process on their own and has any questions, please feel free to contact me and I'll do my best to answer them. We run the seminar to bring everything together in one place and make it fast and easy.

I'd like to post a bit about how and why SGF was born but I don't want to step on any toes before I can talk to Maks about becoming a sponser.

I think I'd like the feeling of being free to do so if I wanted to without becoming a criminal for exercising what should be my rights anywhere.

Ditto

if I get the permit, then I have to go shopping for an appropriate gun.

Done

Now if that weren't the weekend of my anniversary, and if I show up, it will be a double anniversary weekend - marriage and divorce ;)

hey Ken,

Already registered but if you need me to do it again, I can. Thanks

M

Let me check my records and make sure I have all the correct info. I'll shoot you an email to confirm by Monday. I'll be at the Personal Protection Outside the Home course with GunForHire for most of the weekend so I'll be a bit busy. Anyone else going to be there?

Hi - I've been followin this thread and course too, from independent contact with KenA.

I have a question. I have one notatised copy of a training certificate, from the Utah course I had a few weeks ago. DO I need a second one? Or how do I satisfy the requirements for both applications?

Looking forward to the course

Grant

Hi - I've been followin this thread and course too, from independent contact with KenA.

I have a question. I have one notatised copy of a training certificate, from the Utah course I had a few weeks ago. DO I need a second one? Or how do I satisfy the requirements for both applications?

Looking forward to the course

Grant

Grant,

With your Florida and Virgina applications you only need to send along a photocopy of your proof of training. You should keep the notarized copy. Looking forward to meeting you.

Ken