tinyboy

Does anyone carry in the home?

I think you can guess at the rest of it. I waited until I was within 10 feet to rack the rifle and throw on the light. The "cha-chunk" of the op rod throwing a 168gr Hornady TAP .308 round into the chamber was loud enough to make him turn around and once the light was on I just calmly said "hold it right there f^cker or I'll paint my house with your brain matter". Of course I wasn't REALLY going to shoot him, god knows Corslime's goons would have me locked up for the rest of my life for ACTIVELY enforcing the law. I told him I knew he lived next door, illegally and if I ever saw him on my property again (insert colorful threat here). I then walked behind him to the neighbor's house, had the landlord come out (while I'm in sweatpants, a wife beater and rocking enough ordnance to raid fallujah). Explained the situation and the response was the usual, "Oh my god I'm so shocked, I'm truly sorry blah blah blah". I had some choice words for her, as you'd imagine. I don't think she made eye contact with me once, just stared at my 20 pound SOCOM.

Had the guy's car towed and basically slept on my living room couch with one eye open for the rest of the night.

The End.

Can we see a pic of your gun?

http://www.njgunforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2060&start=90

Cool!

Sure enough I found him in the back of my house about to steal my brother's surfboard.

After those actions and displaying a firearm you don't bother to notify the local police agency and document or move with a criminal charge? All you managed to do was put your self in a very precarious position as far as any future contacts with the household. You have now reduced the incident to your word against theirs. Document everything.

After those actions and displaying a firearm you don't bother to notify the local police agency and document or move with a criminal charge? All you managed to do was put your self in a very precarious position as far as any future contacts with the household. You have now reduced the incident to your word against theirs. Document everything.

Yeah, call the police so you can be charged with "Brandishing a firearm". He was OUTSIDE his home. There is no "right to protect your brother's surfboard" in NJ. There's just a 'right' (or in NJ, an obligation) to be futtbucked by the law.

In addition, this goes against EVERYTHING that I have been taught by Lawyers and Policemen which is "Say nothing without a lawyer present."

Sure enough I found him in the back of my house about to steal my brother's surfboard.

Sorry, but when the law is against you, it's not really a good idea to involve it. What Cylinder Head did seems to be very illegal under NJ law. What if the guy made a move, tried to attack him, and he blew him away?

Besides, if he invited the cops into the situation, they would probably all over him for his actions talking about how it's "their" job to do that kind of stuff.

Sorry, but when the law is against you, it's not really a good idea to involve it. What Cylinder Head did seems to be very illegal under NJ law. What if the guy made a move, tried to attack him, and he blew him away?

Besides, if he invited the cops into the situation, they would probably all over him for his actions talking about how it's "their" job to do that kind of stuff.

Exactly. No thank you to the police showing up 15 minutes after I've been robbed. I was in the process of being robbed.

Trust me, he isn't going to be doing anything in my vicinity ever again, and nobody was hurt. I realized very early in the situation that I would be in a good amount of trouble if the police were actually involved.

i always carry my handgun in my home... if i dont feel like carrying it.. one of my other firearms are within reach (no kids in the house)

it wont do me any good in the safe.. on a shelf.. or in a box...

i always carry my handgun in my home... if i dont feel like carrying it.. one of my other firearms are within reach (no kids in the house)

I agree with you 1000%!!! I also have no kids in the house...Just me and the wife for now and even though I live in a nice little town with a very low crime rate; its always better to be safe than sorry.

Also, Imagine the disappointment of everyone (including yourself) when they find out that you were attacked in your own house, while your guns were in the next room over...

I agree with you 1000%!!! I also have no kids in the house...Just me and the wife for now and even though I live in a nice little town with a very low crime rate; its always better to be safe than sorry.

Also, Imagine the disappointment of everyone (including yourself) when they find out that you were attacked in your own house, while your guns were in the next room over...

exactly.. that will NEVER be a problem i experience.. lol

I don't usually carry in the home as I have a 2 year old and she gets her hands on everything and anything and I have no idea how she does it.

I also believe carrying in the home is the best defense for home invasions. A gun in the safe is useless unless your invader is polite enough to excuse you while you work the combination and retrieve you gun.

hmmm, i thought i was the only one. I would tend to carry my glock19 when im home. I thought i was wierd for wanting to do so. I've read too many stories of people getting their doors kicked in and such so although the likelihood of that happening to me is very small, it doesnt hurt to be prepared especially since i don't have any kids in the home