tinyboy

Does anyone carry in the home?

What's the point?

I have a pistol in a emergency/bug out box under my bead and the rest in the safe next

to the family room so they are easily accessible from either floor in my home. It's funny

the 1st thing people who can carry do when they get home is put their weapon away

in this state people take them out and put them on.

Sometimes, and I practice drawing from the holster but that's more because I am thinking of taking a class that requires that skill than any real feeling of personal safety.

I have to say, it is a strange feeling to me! I want to overcome that, even if I don't plan on doing it often.

What's the point?

I have a pistol in a emergency/bug out box under my bead and the rest in the safe next

to the family room so they are easily accessible from either floor in my home. It's funny

the 1st thing people who can carry do when they get home is put their weapon away

in this state people take them out and put them on.

Hodgie the point is some people like to carry at home, I was just asking if anyone here did

When Lynn is in the house alone, she keeps a gun within reach wherever she is. She doesn't holster/carry it, just puts it down where she can reach it if she ever has to.

I wear mine when I see Jehovahs coming to the door. I don't step outside or anything, it's just there. I'm certain they notice as they tend keep glancing at it.

I'm perfectly cordial, I don't brandish, it just seems to make the friendly visits oh so brief.

I don't carry in the house, but I do keep my handgun within reach. I use to just keep everything consolidated within vicinity of my BOB gear, but I figured if something were to occur, and I were on the first floor-- I'd have to travel a flight of stairs. So, now I just keep an extra mag or two in my pocket, and the XD close at hand. I still keep my rifle and mags (loaded in the evenings for the time being) within grab-distance of my BOB though.

that is such an awesome idea....

next time someone comes door to door, will have it holstered.

I guess the question is would this cause problems reguardless of the legality of doing so? Seriously, people here are not very FA friendly, I can't see this going very well. ESPECIALLY if it's a Corzine uber-lib.

When I do practice with the .40 I don't think I'd answer the door with it on, even though I am fully within my rights to do so.

But who can even tell that someone has an LCP in their pocket with 6+1? Nobody that's who!

I work with a guy that lives in north camden (very bad area) and while he doesnt always carry one on him in the home, he has 3 handguns locked and loaded in his appartment. One on a table next to the door, one in a small drawer thats built into his coffee table, and one next to his bed. I still havent decided weather this is being extra careful, or extra paranoid.

I work with a guy that lives in north camden (very bad area) and while he doesnt always carry one on him in the home, he has 3 handguns locked and loaded in his appartment. One on a table next to the door, one in a small drawer thats built into his coffee table, and one next to his bed. I still havent decided weather this is being extra careful, or extra paranoid.

I don't believe its paranoid, especially in Camden. When he starts sitting in front of the door with a shotgun in his hands then Id worry. But when I get my permits I plan to keep my fire arms very accessible. my house and I'm sure everyone on this forum has a lot of valuables in there homes and I'm not loosing mine to home invaders.

Quite frankly, if you want to ensure your safety, install a peep hole. Opening the door with no idea who is on the other side and it won't matter what you are carrying. If the person on the other side is there to do you harm, you will never get a change to use whatever it is your rely on.

Quite frankly, if you want to ensure your safety, install a peep hole. Opening the door with no idea who is on the other side and it won't matter what you are carrying. If the person on the other side is there to do you harm, you will never get a change to use whatever it is your rely on.

And that's because scumbag home invasion gangs are always polite enough to ring the doorbell and identify themselves just before they kick in the door and terrorize your family before they kill you.

And that's because scumbag home invasion gangs are always polite enough to ring the doorbell and identify themselves just before they kick in the door and terrorize your family before they kill you.

Well at least having something nearby is better than notihng, at least you can try to defned yourself.

what a stupid world we live in, seriously.

I have a paddle holster for my HK45 and I wear it around the house all the time. Shady neighbors and a close enough proximity to the dregs of my town make me feel justified.

I live in a very exclusive area of my town, unfortunately one of my nieghbors has long since fell on bad financial times and has had to rent out multiple rooms in their home to otherwise "unwanteds" for ~$500 a room. You wouldn't believe the freaks that came out of the woodwork to this place. They zoom in and out of our shared driveway, rant and curse at random times at night, and wander around my property aimless and drunk.

There have been multiple events that have concerned both myself and my other neighbors to the point where we've had officials raid the house and sanction them, as well as mandating that all of the vagrants move out. Sure enough a week later they had moved back in.

The latest instance involved one of them pulling their car behind my house at about 10PM on a weeknight and shutting down their headlights. I watched this happen from my bathroom window. I threw on my .45 and grabbed my M1A with its 180 lumen torchlight and crept out of my side door. Sure enough I found him in the back of my house about to steal my brother's surfboard.

I won't tell you the rest of the story but needless to say everyone in that house has been warned.

I have a paddle holster for my HK45 and I wear it around the house all the time. Shady neighbors and a close enough proximity to the dregs of my town make me feel justified.

I live in a very exclusive area of my town, unfortunately one of my nieghbors has long since fell on bad financial times and has had to rent out multiple rooms in their home to otherwise "unwanteds" for ~$500 a room. You wouldn't believe the freaks that came out of the woodwork to this place. They zoom in and out of our shared driveway, rant and curse at random times at night, and wander around my property aimless and drunk.

There have been multiple events that have concerned both myself and my other neighbors to the point where we've had officials raid the house and sanction them, as well as mandating that all of the vagrants move out. Sure enough a week later they had moved back in.

The latest instance involved one of them pulling their car behind my house at about 10PM on a weeknight and shutting down their headlights. I watched this happen from my bathroom window. I threw on my .45 and grabbed my M1A with its 180 lumen torchlight and crept out of my side door. Sure enough I found him in the back of my house about to steal my brother's surfboard.

I won't tell you the rest of the story but needless to say everyone in that house has been warned.

teaser!

I think you can guess at the rest of it. I waited until I was within 10 feet to rack the rifle and throw on the light. The "cha-chunk" of the op rod throwing a 168gr Hornady TAP .308 round into the chamber was loud enough to make him turn around and once the light was on I just calmly said "hold it right there f^cker or I'll paint my house with your brain matter". Of course I wasn't REALLY going to shoot him, god knows Corslime's goons would have me locked up for the rest of my life for ACTIVELY enforcing the law. I told him I knew he lived next door, illegally and if I ever saw him on my property again (insert colorful threat here). I then walked behind him to the neighbor's house, had the landlord come out (while I'm in sweatpants, a wife beater and rocking enough ordnance to raid fallujah). Explained the situation and the response was the usual, "Oh my god I'm so shocked, I'm truly sorry blah blah blah". I had some choice words for her, as you'd imagine. I don't think she made eye contact with me once, just stared at my 20 pound SOCOM.

Had the guy's car towed and basically slept on my living room couch with one eye open for the rest of the night.

The End.

I think you can guess at the rest of it. I waited until I was within 10 feet to rack the rifle and throw on the light. The "cha-chunk" of the op rod throwing a 168gr Hornady TAP .308 round into the chamber was loud enough to make him turn around and once the light was on I just calmly said "hold it right there f^cker or I'll paint my house with your brain matter". Of course I wasn't REALLY going to shoot him, god knows Corslime's goons would have me locked up for the rest of my life for ACTIVELY enforcing the law. I told him I knew he lived next door, illegally and if I ever saw him on my property again (insert colorful threat here). I then walked behind him to the neighbor's house, had the landlord come out (while I'm in sweatpants, a wife beater and rocking enough ordnance to raid fallujah). Explained the situation and the response was the usual, "Oh my god I'm so shocked, I'm truly sorry blah blah blah". I had some choice words for her, as you'd imagine. I don't think she made eye contact with me once, just stared at my 20 pound SOCOM.

Had the guy's car towed and basically slept on my living room couch with one eye open for the rest of the night.

The End.

Can we see a pic of your gun?

The End.

Can we see a pic of your gun?

http://www.njgunforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2060&start=90