unclenunzie

Ok, got my FPID, used my permits, need more. How long?

How long should a new set of permits take? I'm a little irritated because I applied on 1-Oct and stopped by today to ask, and the temp guy in records said it will be next year!

He said it would be a waste of time to bother looking at my records because the "latest" hold up is the mental health check, and of course it's gotta all go back to the detectives, etc, etc.

Is anyone thinking they are being told to delay so the OGAM can kick in? I don't actually think this is happening, I'm just mad as hell because I want to go pick up my paid for PM9.

Sorry for creating a venting thread. :evil: :shock:

Think there's a permit for an Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator?

Bloomfield. Next week when the regular records person is back on duty I'll go back. I'm going to discount this temp guy's story until I talk to her, and then like last time talk to the detective - in person. Once it comes down to that it should be quick, cause he should be pretty clear that just like last time, I'm not a criminal or a mental health risk. Although this whole process could drive a person crazy.......

OT but related, I hope SCOTUS finds that states and other political subdivisions must adhere to the constitution, and vacate laws that in practice infringe upon the right to KEEP and BEAR.

UN

How long should a new set of permits take? I'm a little irritated because I applied on 1-Oct and stopped by today to ask, and the temp guy in records said it will be next year!

He said it would be a waste of time to bother looking at my records because the "latest" hold up is the mental health check, and of course it's gotta all go back to the detectives, etc, etc.

Is anyone thinking they are being told to delay so the OGAM can kick in? I don't actually think this is happening, I'm just mad as hell because I want to go pick up my paid for PM9.

Sorry for creating a venting thread. :evil: :shock:

Think there's a permit for an Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator?

I also agree they are screwing wit ya.If you just received some pp's they dont need to do another mental check.I just sent paperwork in for 3 pp's.they told me to call in a couple weeks they should be done.

some pp's they dont need to do another mental check

There is no mental check as there is no central database for medical records. The form is required in the event something does arise out of the process that points to a possible problem in that area. it is simply a form of permission to gain access to those records. In any case, for each submission, the form must be included as it is a new application as far as the law is concerned.

Thank you. I will wait for the permanent PD records staff to return next week before going back. I really didn't expect to be told of such a long delay, I had expected my "post FPID" applications for permits to be fairly quick as I have read of others on here. Actually I still am not clear on the "process", just the applications, SBI, FBI, Fprint check, Crim hist check, ref check, etc. I guess the process steps are kept intentionally vague. Just like I've seen in corporate circles, if there's no defined process or set of rules to point to, no one can be held accountable.

I figured once my refs came back (last week) it would not be more than a few more weeks later. I still have a slim hope that will be the case once I get to talk to the detective doing the work.

Oh forgot to mention before, the temp records guy mentioned the BPD no longer provides applications (must dl from web), nor does fingerprinting. You have to go to Newark to be electronically printed now. Since this is cross town, it must be a county or state wide development. For those needing to be printed, I recommend you bring Purell. :shock:

UGH - my FPID application with BPD went relatively smoothly.. had to wait almost 3 months, but otherwise, no problems. Sux that so much has changed in less than a year.

I'm confused tho - do you need to get references for PPs? I thought they were only needed for FPID...

UGH - my FPID application with BPD went relatively smoothly.. had to wait almost 3 months, but otherwise, no problems. Sux that so much has changed in less than a year.

I'm confused tho - do you need to get references for PPs? I thought they were only needed for FPID...

yeah you need references to get PPs aparently. I will tell you that the last time I put in for permits, the references were not contacted

There is the space near the bottom where you have to cite two "reputable" people (names, addresses, phone numbers). I just applied for three more permits myself... and hopefully my PD can prove me wrong and get it to me rikki-tik.

hmm did not know that. I haven't put in for PPs since my initial FPID app. That sux - I hate buggin my friends with "you may or may not get a call from my pd". oh well

I didnt know that was the case either until I filled it out and I asked the officer in charge and he said please fill it out completely

From my personal experience. For Edison if you have recently gotten your permits and you apply again for additional permits, they will not send out the reference letters and all that jazz again. They just do the state(not 100% sure on this) and local background checks and send your your notice your permits are ready.

It took me 2 months the first time i applied for my pistol permits. The following week i applied for more and it took about 3 weeks. Your experiences may vary but thats my two cents.

In Hackensack, it took me about 3 months for my initial FID and pp. I applied for another back in August. One of my references did not receive the letter so I called the Seargent. He said give it another week so I went to the station and picked up a reference letter from the clerk. I hand delivered it to my reference who had sent it in. A week later I call the Seargent and he then says he never received it and to give it a week. I went back to the station, got another letter from the clerk (Who is great, by the way for giving me these letters) and had it completed by my reference and hand delivered it to them after it was completed. I waited another 3 weeks and got the letter that the permit was ready. All in all with these little kinks in the process, it took about two months.