67gtonut

Rock Island 1911 - Where to lookat/buy?

To look at? Sarco.

Before you do though, I recommend you pick up a domestically manufactured 1911 and rack the slide a few times and get used to how it should feel in order that you can make an informed decision. I'll let you shoot and field strip my S&W if you like...

Had the S&W in my hand....... I just wont spend $1000 on a gun...... sorry. Cant do it. I still might have a hard time spending $400 on a new gun these days..... but I am curious about the RIA's . Nothing but good things about their customer service. I wont look at a Taurus, just because of all the feedback on their poor customer service....

I have been scouring 1911.com for the past week or so. Some very good things said about the RIA's.

So is SARCO the place to go for a RIA?

Yes Sarco sells the RIA.

Troy are you dead set on getting a new 1911 or you ok with used.

Also I would check out a Dan Wesson Razorback. Talk to 1911fan if you want first hand knowledge on them. He only spoke but praise of the one he had. It uses some Ed brown components. And you can find a razorback 45 on gunbroker for like 850. Don't know if thats too much for you, but thats NEW.

M

Troy, "supposedly" Caso's has some DW 1911's in stock. Might want to call before you go, but this is what I have been hearing.

I try to go to any gun store that I see, so if I come across one, I will keep you in mind. Under 1000 bucks and not a taurus. Any other specs?

I would be fine with Used. But I see no "deals" out there.... Plus I dont want to buy my 1st 1911 without seeing it in person, so No Gunbroker for me on this purchase...

Suggestions:

1) check gunbroker's search by location and set to NJ

2) check Auctionarms as well

3) I got my S&W at TBH (used) and spent no where near a grand...

PK90 had/has a NIB Firestorm 1911... $420... I'd do that before I did an RIA, especially from Sarco.

I didnt know you set GunBroker to NJ only.....

Matt......... way under $1000....... way..... way....

How way under we talking Troy.

Sub 500 or, sub 700 what we talking here buddy.

And with gunbroker click advanced options, look on the bottom right, it says state, click communist of NJ and you get all people selling in NJ :) Then you go do a FTF and avoid any shipping and FFL fee's YAYYY

Really - call Paul and talk to him about that Firestorm.

........ he is just so far away...... :?

Read up on the Firestorm..... looks like its in the same class as the RIA's .... so I am not opposed to it

Then have it transferred to TBH and pay the ffl fee and the shipping fee. Otherwise, grab some Northern Goon (ie MATT) and take a ride on a weekend.

Really - call Paul and talk to him about that Firestorm.

........ he is just so far away...... :?

Read up on the Firestorm..... looks like its in the same class as the RIA's .... so I am not opposed to it

it realy is nothat far, just need to take the time and do it..

I bought my RIA GI at SARCO a while a go, probably before the "bait and switch" stuff.. I walked in and asked how much it was, and bought it. I think it was like $379. I love the gun, for the price, can't go wrong. I had one issue with the front sight falling off, which seems to even happen to expensive guns with peened in sights. Customer Service was awesome, and they gave me a free fluff and buff on the slide.

Centerfire used to have them, but they aren't on the sight anymore.

Troy, check out the Springfiled GI or Mil Spec.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?model=7

There are a lot of mixed opinions on the RIA.

I've heard that these are difficult to locate Tim otherwise I would have pushed him this way too...

Stopped by the Silver Bullet...

Used Para 14-45 $495

Used Taurus PT1911 $595

New Taurus PT1911 $795

He have a RIA new for $595

I am gonna wait..... because I still prefer a S&W..... He had the S&W 1911PD for $995...... and he had a S&W 1911 Pro 9mm .... $1400, but Wow :shock: it was just beautiful.....

Sorry to drive you guys nuts..... I appreciate the advice.....

Troy, check out the Springfiled GI or Mil Spec.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?model=7

There are a lot of mixed opinions on the RIA.

Or the ParaUSA GI Expert

I love mine and it was under 600 buckaroos out the door.

Oh, and it's made in the USA!

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/AC-RI1911.aspx

Check this site from time to time they are out right now but will be back soon.

RIA's are excellent 1911's do not let the price or anyone else fool you, they rack and shoot just like

all the more costly ones. I have had the pleasure of handling several over the last few years and they

were all fun to shoot. They are basic but worth the $400.00 investment, I own several Kimber 1911's and

I love them but if I were looking for another 1911 I would pick up a RIA, Sarco does have them and the last

checked they were still in the reasonable price point.