Sign in to follow this  
rauchman

Tell me about the CZ P-01

Greetings,

Was at the bullet hole today and after my shooting session, I noticed they had a CZ P-01 for $490 used. I looked at that, as well as an HK P200SK 9mm w/ LEM for $600. The HK was nice, but I'm waiting for the P30LS that's supposed to be coming out sometime in mid 2010. I have to say the CZ was very very nice to hold. I asked to dry fire one and I could tell this thing would be a great shooter. I have a CZ75SA in .40 and it is an accurate shooter for sure. On retrospect, I should have gotten it in 9mm.

So, does anyone have a P-01? How do you like it? The pistol looks to be in great shape. Is the asking price decent? I understand the P-01 is supposed to be setup in quality from the standard CZ75 series.

I can't stop thinking about this pistol :shock:

I've had one since the summer. Paid about $560 + transfer for it new. I have put about 600-700 rounds through it so far. I like it a lot, it is accurate, a good shooter. The only thing is that the shape of the trigger seems to sting your trigger finger. I have heard that there are replacement triggers, something I am considering.

It is NATO tested and approved and is now carried by the Czech National Police.

If you're ever down at B.A., you can try mine.

Here's some info. Note, in Europe the P0-1 is called the 75D Compact.

http://www.czub.cz/en/catalog/79-pistols-cz/PC/CZ_75_D_COMPACT.aspx

PO1 is a great gun.... for CCW or for relaxed IDPA shoots where it is classed poorly. It is a DA/SA with a decocker on frame. Very easy gun to shoot and use. Most comfortable "compact" 9mm I have EVER handled or shot.

I had one for about 2 years and carried it extensively while living in Ga. Great size and shape although the rail/frame is a little bulky. I never had a issue with it, no failures of any kind. I liked shooting IDPA with it because it was my carry gun and that is supposed to be the object of IDPA.

Very accurate and easy to shoot. You can swap out the trigger for a blade style trigger from the 75SA or 85Combats. I just got used to it and found it very usable.

Trigger time and dry firing with caps smoothed out the pull significantly. Mags are available in 13rd IRC.... Sites can use some work, they are a great u notch blade with glow in dark inserts. Switch them out to a good night sight, or add a laser/light and it is a great gun.

Traded it for a shotgun when I moved to NJ and miss it greatly.

Although I don't own one, my buddy just got one and he loves it. 490 seems to be a good price, I bet you could even get it for 450 if you haggle a bit.

I don't think the staff at the BH are the haggling type. ;)

My experience w/ the staff has always been positive at the BH. Last Jan, I did haggle on an AR10 that was on consignment and was able to save $100. Keep in mind, this pistol is used.