rifleman

What should I buy?

What would be a great 20 g for shooting clays in the $1000 range? I am open to used if anybody has something.

Trap, skeet or sporting clays? You may want to move this thread to the shotgun forum. I see a similar thread there. For trap, the Browning BT-99 is popular.

Trap, skeet or sporting clays?

Out of curiosity, what would be the differences in the gun for the different types of shooting?

barrel length. ie longer for trap where the clays are going away from you, shorter for skeet where they are basicly over your head.

Over/under vs semi vs pump.

Trap, skeet or sporting clays?

Out of curiosity, what would be the differences in the gun for the different types of shooting?

barrel length. ie longer for trap where the clays are going away from you, shorter for skeet where they are basicly over your head.

Over/under vs semi vs pump.

What he said and the sights are also different. Trap guns shoot high to help the shooter lead a rising clay.

you have to pick your game each gun is a little different if you are shooting casual skeet or sporting clays a field gun will work but not ideal. a pump can be used for trap singles very well not so good on double trap or skeet.a remington 1100 12ga is going to be hard to beat barrels all the way out to 32" interchangeable choke tubes butt stocks made for trap or field no one gun can do it all but the 1100 will perform well .look at a 12 ga if recoil is an issue buy shells with lighter pay loads like 7/8 oz not 1 1/8