Sign in to follow this  
Melgamatic

4 hour drive home from Cherry Ridge!

Left Cherry Ridge range around 11:30am, got home just now in Union County, 4 hours later. Usually takes 45 minutes or less.

2 hours without moving more than 50 yds total on Route 23.

Then two big accidents on 287...

So, while in stopped traffic, miles long, on 23, a big dualie pickup truck with a very long horse trailer (8 horse?) comes flying up the shoulder. It's really wide, and misses the mirror of the car in front of me by an inch at most. What a jerk.

An hour later, we're slowly coming up to the accident on 287. Hm, looks like a big trailer. Hm, looks like a big horse trailer. Hm, looks like the same a-hole pickup truck that flew past us on the icy shoulder. :lol:

Didn't look like any horses were in the trailer, but the pickup was way up the side of the road, 30'-40' up a hill, having broken through a lot of guardrail. Sometimes Karma is truly wonderful.

Wow, that s#cks! I was stuck for 30+ minutes on the GSP on Saturday with a bad accident a 145. Why are there always so many accidents in that spot? I hate going up north anymore! Yesterday my son was down so I took him to BA and he shot my new 870 and loved it, them we plinked through half a brick of .22. Place was only half full, had a great time.

Wow, that's really terrible about the horses.

I feel like calling the NJSP and telling them how the guy was driving earlier. He should be charged with harming animals, or something....

If you have the time, I'm sure you'd have to fill out a statement, you may serve justice. I'm not a PITA kind of guy but, blatant abuse involving dumb animals is criminal. Not to speak of putting the human element at risk.

Wow, that's really terrible about the horses.

I feel like calling the NJSP and telling them how the guy was driving earlier. He should be charged with harming animals, or something....

Call them Melg. Could make a difference between that a**hole getting a careless driving and a reckless driving, not to mention other charges.

bad day - about 930 am slid on black ice on is78 westbound at delaware bridge in pa - sat for over 2 hours before police or ambulance could get threw - trailers jacked knifed + over 27 accidents in a 1/2 hour time -