Sign in to follow this  
nitrospaz9

Permits and the waiting game

Dropped off the paper work for 3 new pistol permits. Already got one gun on Layaway lol. The Ruger p85 9mm I wrote about a few days ago. But now I gotta wait. Saddle Brook is surprisingly fast with it. I was told 3-4 weeks tops. All my original permits and stuff uncluding my friends all took exactly 6 weeks like they told me.

Anyone Else playing the waiting game like me?

I apply for more permits when I have one left. This way, it doesn't seem like such a long wait. Not sure of the normal wait time for my town. They always tell me that one of my references has not come back even though my neighbor confirms that it has been sent out 2 weeks ago. I usually go pick another one up, have it signed, notarized and drop it off myself. 2 days later, my permits are ready.

Celray, in Hackensack you will wait 30-32 days for pistol permits. That is because they are busy.

But I am sure you will agree, they are professional. they never give me any shit, but they do look nervous when I ask for 4 permits... :violin:

Celray, in Hackensack you will wait 30-32 days for pistol permits. That is because they are busy.

But I am sure you will agree, they are professional. they never give me any ****, but they do look nervous when I ask for 4 permits... :violin:

Yes, very professional. Carmen in the office downstairs is great. The Sergeant, when he is in, is very good as well.

I was getting permits at the same time as another fellow. The Chief asked him why so many guns, he replied..If you play golf, do you only play with one club?

Good answer!

Matty not sure these days. It seems everyday I go in there, there is a new detective. Seems like there on loan or something lol. Who did ya go to school with? Im sure I know them. Saddle Brook isn't a very big town.

A bunch of them--Glenn Toepert & Ray Tomczyk were in my class (1982), Jim Galbo, Jim Martinelli, Glenn Verost I knew by name/seeing around. I havent talked to any of them in more than 25 years except Glenn, at the 20th reunion. Havent been up that way in a couple years--

I am waiting as well. When I went in mid December he told me to put down 4 instead of 2 because of the uncertainty next year. he said i should have by late January. I just got my Florida CCW and want to get a 3" 9MM or Snub 38/.357... Right now all mine are 5" tacticals, etc. Great guns, but a bit bulky for "pocket" or "cargo pants" carry. So I will wait and hope....

I'm playing the waiting game myself. This is my first time applying for permits since I got my initial FPID and P2P, which took awhile originally. I actually put my paperwork in 21 OCT 2009, and my references said they had received their paperwork about a week after that. So, I might contact my PD about it in the next week or so.

I put the paperwork in yesterday at like 1pm and my references already had there things today. I was shocked!

Man I love Toepert. He is my best friends uncle and used to be my D.A.R.E officer haha. He helped me out with my first permits actually. Great guy.

Hey mike what course did you take to qualify for the carry permit out of state. I know u have to take like a shooting course or hunting course

I was called yesterday that my permits were in. Only took 11 days. I wonder if me working there has anything to do with how fast they came. I was really shocked. Our department is small so I guess that helps.