Brisco

Old Bridge Rifle & Pistol Club

I couldn't imagine why anyone would take a 50 BMG to a pistol pit, what fun would that be?

Now, if some just happens to OWN a 50 BMG and wants to shoot it at the High Power range sometime I have some ammo I would LOVE to see/feel go downrange................ :icon_mrgreen:

My Mosin has a decent kick, but sadly, I need more.......... Slugs and Buck Shot just ain't enough either.......

Try 3 1/2 buckshot. 18 pellets of destruction on your target AND your shoulder.

For all members, the outdoor range has a new lock, nothing but the lock was changed, however I sat there #3 in line to get in this morning for about 5 minutes before I got in, the new lock has black hash-marks that you line the numbers up with, and they are not in the center position like the old lock. It's not hard to miss but I figured I pas this along just in case you didn't finish your cup of coffee before you try and open the gate.

Also you need to have the right combo to not only open the lock, but to lock the gate, so if you were used to zeroing the lock and then locking the gate closed, well don't do that it won't work.

Try 3 1/2 buckshot. 18 pellets of destruction on your target AND your shoulder.

Lemme see if any of my shotguns will handle 3 1/2". Not sure what my Saiga-12 will eat, but I think the Rem 870 I picked-up off one of our fellow members here will take 3 1/2". I'll be at Dicks tomorrow!

Lemme see if any of my shotguns will handle 3 1/2". Not sure what my Saiga-12 will eat, but I think the Rem 870 I picked-up off one of our fellow members here will take 3 1/2". I'll be at Dicks tomorrow!

Saiga will prob only take 3". If your 870 is a supermag it will. Magnum will only take 3".

For all members, the outdoor range has a new lock, nothing but the lock was changed, however I sat there #3 in line to get in this morning for about 5 minutes before I got in, the new lock has black hash-marks that you line the numbers up with, and they are not in the center position like the old lock. It's not hard to miss but I figured I pas this along just in case you didn't finish your cup of coffee before you try and open the gate.

Also you need to have the right combo to not only open the lock, but to lock the gate, so if you were used to zeroing the lock and then locking the gate closed, well don't do that it won't work.

Took me a few minutes last night to figure it out.

I am actually considering joining a gun club. Shooting from the holster would be a requirement for me. I do like the open 2 4 hrs idea

There is a Static Steel match this Sunday that's open to anyone, so if you have never been to the OD range this is a good chance to see it, and get in on some of the action as well as meeting a bunch of use from here.

There is a Static Steel match this Sunday that's open to anyone, so if you have never been to the OD range this is a good chance to see it, and get in on some of the action as well as meeting a bunch of use from here.

hey man what time is the match? im looking to join after christmas and it would be cool to come down and check it out.

Not looking to shoot as I don't have all the required gear. Just wanted to check everything out and watch the match.

only required gear is a handgun. ( and eyes and ears )

you do not need a holster, you can start at the ' low ready ' position

Not looking to shoot as I don't have all the required gear. Just wanted to check everything out and watch the match.

As Alec said, not much as far as gear needed for this type of match, but it's cool to just come on down and check it out, and as said Eye and Ears will be needed if you are shooting or just watching.. The best time to come check out the outdoor range would be during a match, plus you will get a chance to put faces to names being a lot of us will be there.

Truth, we usually congregate around harrys car before that match starts , i think it's a black mazda. harry is the guy typically smoking a cigar and wearing them killer sunglasses :maninlove:

Grey Toyota Matrix, free Oakley's can't be picky, and Large DD Coffee. Oh normally a NJ Gunforum shirt.

oh wow thats cool i read somewhere i would need a holster and 5 mags. how much ammo would you recommend to bring?

oh, well you'll prob. need 4 or 5 mags or so.. forgot about that.

i typically bring like 300 rounds, but i think 150 rounds is listed

what sort of gun are you shooting, maybe somebody has some extra mags you can borrow?

and the reason i say 4 or 5 is that if you bring 4, somebody can reload a mag while your shooting the rest and have it ready by the time you would need your 5th mag.

oh wow thats cool i read somewhere i would need a holster and 5 mags. how much ammo would you recommend to bring?

It's 5 targets per stage, each stage is shot 5 times in a row, so minimum, 25 rounds per stage. figure 6 to maybe 7 stages. For my .40 i usually bring a minimum of 200 rounds, but 30 to 400 is normally what I keep in my range bag. For my 22LR pistol, well bulk box plus some CCI backups so 800+ rounds but hey it's 22LR, not heavy and not expensive. Plus whatever I don't shoot I take home so I always like to have extra and not have any problems.

what sort of gun are you shooting, maybe somebody has some extra mags you can borrow?

and the reason i say 4 or 5 is that if you bring 4, somebody can reload a mag while your shooting the rest and have it ready by the time you would need your 5th mag.

I think we had a 3 mag person the one time and we kept them going without skipping a beat. NJGF squads take care of them selves and help one another.

• Like 1

oh, well you'll prob. need 4 or 5 mags or so.. forgot about that.

i typically bring like 300 rounds, but i think 150 rounds is listed

I just picked up an SR1911, but ive only put 100 rounds through her. Ill be going down to shore shot on sat to put another couple hundred through her.