71ragtopgoat

NJ Gun shows ???

I believe there is only one antique arms "show" somewhere around Jackson. And it's not a real show.. the guns are just on display.. you have to go to the store of the person to complete the transaction.

Not sure of the exact laws, but I'm pretty sure they are otherwise banned by statue.

Does that mean I'm smart?! :lol:

Good luck the boy's over at shore shot wanted to have a out door expo and swap meet type of things for

firearm related products but not firearms themselves and they were shot down by the township and the state.

I believe there are private auctions but nothing like a good old PA show.

We have several a year up here. In fact this weekend is one of the bigger ones. In the beginning they were a novelty and I went to a few but I've stopped along with many other friends. There were no deals to be found and prices on the used and new firearms and ammo were outrageous. Better deals could be found in the local stores.

After a while, too much of the shows were taken up by cheap knives and other non-firearm items. After driving to the site and paying seven dollars to get in and possibly a few dollars for parking, it was just as well to stay home.

We have an auction that sells some high end firearms that I'm looking to go to this year.

http://www.amoskeagauction.com/

We have several a year up here. In fact this weekend is one of the bigger ones. In the beginning they were a novelty and I went to a few but I've stopped along with many other friends. There were no deals to be found and prices on the used and new firearms and ammo were outrageous. Better deals could be found in the local stores.

After a while, too much of the shows were taken up by cheap knives and other non-firearm items. After driving to the site and paying seven dollars to get in and possibly a few dollars for parking, it was just as well to stay home.

We have an auction that sells some high end firearms that I'm looking to go to this year.

http://www.amoskeagauction.com/

For us still stuck here.. driving to PA is worth it to be able to walk around with a rifle on your shoulder and nobody looking at you weird :lol:

my brother and i went to pa show last winter, the officer at the door asked if i was carrying, i politely laughed and told him i was from jersey..he replied my wife is a Realtor. HAHAA.. :lol:

At Valley Forge, a pushy vendor was trying to sell his 2 million volt stun guns and I told him I couldn't have one. He's like "huh?" and I said I'm from NJ. He then said "Oh.. only criminals have guns over there."

walk around with a rifle on your shoulder

But it gets old quickly. In NH sales can be made only under sertain conditions and the dealers don't encourage private sales on the primise and neither does the venue.

It comes down to paying fifteen dollars just to walk around and see items I could get at the local shops ten percent cheaper. Unless I want beef jerky and Nazi crap, the remaining iterms are no big deal. The only vendor I looked forward to was the Target Lady who had every NRA approved target made. A friend has a small reloading business so I'd pick up some primers just for the hell of it.

It's ok ever so often but the days of going to every one stopped long ago.

my brother and i went to pa show last winter, the officer at the door asked if i was carrying, i politely laughed and told him i was from jersey..he replied my wife is a Realtor. HAHAA.. :lol:

At Valley Forge, a pushy vendor was trying to sell his 2 million volt stun guns and I told him I couldn't have one. He's like "huh?" and I said I'm from NJ. He then said "Oh.. only criminals have guns over there."

:lol:

I've seen people get caught up in Gun Show Fever and pay way too much for mediocre items. A while back a vendor was getting over a thousand for run of the mill M-1 carbines when the CMP was about to release them at almost half that cost. AR15's were way overpriced even before the run. Yet some bought them.

For us still stuck here.. driving to PA is worth it to be able to walk around with a rifle on your shoulder and nobody looking at you weird :lol:

+1. Whenever the Allentown show is happening, i make sure im there. totally worth the drive. The first time i attended the show (two years ago i think) the FIRST thing i see when i walk in is two guys walking around with M1 carbines on their shoulders.

Sorry to reopen the discussion on this, but I have been giving some thought to the subject of gun shows in NJ.

My hypothesis is that a gun show would be possible, if it were held at a range (to eliminate any possession issues) and if only FTF sales were permitted (dealers must buy and sell at their premises).

In other words, dealers could participate with general items, but could not sell firearms. Non-dealers could buy and sell firearms with other non-dealers, as long as there was no intent to do it as a business.

Any thoughts?