bbk

Kriss Vector...

Yes, yes, the Kriss Vector is the firearm shown on Future Weapons and usable in MW2. It was tested out at PA in NJ for the Army (I believe), and has proved itself. I think it will definitely push the MP5 and MP7 for the next-gen SMG. For those not familiar with it, the official site can be found at: http://www.kriss-tdi.com/#

There is the SMG version (SBR/FA) for MIL/LEO, KRISS SBR/SO for civilian use (5.5'' NFA item, but only in semi), and KRISS CRB (16'', only semi). It fires a .45ACP, and according to their product description it will be available in .40SW. The "regular civilian" version's official description can be found here: http://www.kriss-tdi.com/products/kriss ... crbso.html

Now, I'm not concerned about the SMG or SBR versions, but the CRB might be a good alternative. Somebody would have to make a pinned stock for it (as it is folding by default), but otherwise it accepts 13rd Glock 21 magazines (people can buy an extender from KRISS that slips over the Glock 21 magazines, and extends the load to 30 rounds). The barrel is 16'', and if a pinned stock were created, its total length would be 34.8''. Also, the barrel for the CRB is not threaded, and cannot accept any type of muzzle device (crowned).

The negative rhetoric of this firearms currently is that 1. its still too expensive 2. its argued to be more of a novelty as the innovation of its design is more for FA, and does not really affect SA (though that's debatable). The positives is that 1. the innovated design, though arguable, helps with accurate follow up shots as there is virtually no felt recoil 2. it harnesses the .45ACP.

I know there are other carbines in pistol calibers for far cheaper prices. And I do think the design for the CRB version (16'' version) looks a bit funny since I've always been familiar with the SBR design, though that's just aesthetics to me. However, having followed this project for a couple years now, I really think this could be pretty interesting to own and use for fun and HD purposes.

Any thoughts?

how much does it go for.. i have a $600 cx4 storm chambered in 40s&w that is awesome.. and well cheap....

There's one for sale on HKPRO. Very cool looking weapon but the buttstock looks like an apology for how clunky the chassis of the weapon is. There's nothing like an SMG .45 thrower and this one is very cool if you're willing to part with the $2g's it will run. I'd take it over an HK UMP (and I'm a thorough HK cool-aid drinker). The major issue I see is the more-complex-than-quantum-physics bolt group. Simple is better when SHTF. I can't imagine clearing a malfunction from it.

I will let you know. I pick mine up mid next week! I too have followed the Kriss for some time. It was one of the very, very few firearms that stirs a bit of emotional response from me as I view fireamrs more in the right tool for the job catagory. But the Kriss gets me going and was a MUST have. Once this weather breaks and I have time, I will compare the Kriss, PS90 and HK USC back to back.

Shane

I will let you know. I pick mine up mid next week! I too have followed the Kriss for some time. It was one of the very, very few firearms that stirs a bit of emotional response from me as I view fireamrs more in the right tool for the job catagory. But the Kriss gets me going and was a MUST have. Once this weather breaks and I have time, I will compare the Kriss, PS90 and HK USC back to back.

Shane

Awesome! I will really be looking forward to what you have to say. If you don't mind me asking, do you even have to do anything regarding the folding stock? (I know there might be the debate on whether or not you would have to since the Vector is totally unique from anything on the 'books.') And if so, what is your solution to making that compliant? Thanks for any info.

That is some great news then. I figured that a consumer could order a version to make it compliant for NJ-- I just wasn't sure if it was readily available or not... but you answered that question. I think I've found a future investment.

Shane

Shane, your my hero! I have a great idea, why don't I lend you my CX4 storm and you could do all the pros and cons about each gun. I think Tim (tbtrout) would let you borrow his Kel-tec sub2000 and make it a complete SMG trial! That would be cool to do at the next shotgun meet-up this spring, no?

Shane

Shane, your my hero! I have a great idea, why don't I lend you my CX4 storm and you could do all the pros and cons about each gun. I think Tim (tbtrout) would let you borrow his Kel-tec sub2000 and make it a complete SMG trial! That would be cool to do at the next shotgun meet-up this spring, no?

it would have to be pretty amazing considering it costs about 3x as much as a storm..

Ray Ray, I like the idea of group efforts :) Put together a real article for the forum perhaps. We can write an objective article with a little editorial section at the end with personal opinions and personal pics. Sort of like the mags do when they review bikes, cars etc.

Damadge true and valid point. But maybe subjective. If it lives up to its claims of 90% reduction in muzzle rise, that is worth 3x $$$ to me but may not be for everyone.

When I fired one of the first P90's (not the PS90) on full auto and the thing stayed on target and ran like a sewing machine, I lusted ever since that day for a rapid fire carbine that stays on target. Granted the PS90 in rapid for will do just that but..... put a 5.7 next to a 45 acp and you will see where Im going with this :doh:

Ray Ray, I like the idea of group efforts :) Put together a real article for the forum perhaps. We can write an objective article with a little editorial section at the end with personal opinions and personal pics. Sort of like the mags do when they review bikes, cars etc.

Damadge true and valid point. But maybe subjective. If it lives up to its claims of 90% reduction in muzzle rise, that is worth 3x $$$ to me but may not be for everyone.

When I fired one of the first P90's (not the PS90) on full auto and the thing stayed on target and ran like a sewing machine, I lusted ever since that day for a rapid fire carbine that stays on target. Granted the PS90 in rapid for will do just that but..... put a 5.7 next to a 45 acp and you will see where Im going with this :doh:

reduction in muzzle rise in full auto mode allowing you to get back on the target faster is great if you live in some strange part of NJ that allows fa weapons, and you are participating in some type of rapid fire defensive situation.. but from a practical real world (nj semi-auto only) situation the use of the weapon somehow escapes me.. dont get me wrong.. i am NOT knocking you.. to each their own.. i have a saiga that cost me 300 that i have well over a grand into.. why.. because i love the gun and the platform.. but i just look at the kriss and for 3 grand and i think.. what are you getting.. a carbine that has limited muzzle rise.. that creates 6 inch groups at 150 yards.. they state that the huge selling point is the reduction in muzzle climb.. well i just watched about 5 videos of a storm (carbine chambered in handgun round for comparison) and a couple videos of a kriss being fired in semi auto.. the kriss DOES appear to have less recoil.. but i see shooters in both instances reacquiring the target.. not trying to be negative but it really seems like a lot of hype to me.. for $3k there are a lot of other weapons i would think to build...

cool design for LE who need to operate in small tight areas, nice that it takes glock mags.. but i just dont see anything justifying the 3k price tag to the average civilian...

Well.... I payed no where near 3k. It was within a couple hundred of my PS90. Muzzle rise even in semiauto is important in an effective cartridge. Keep in mind the climb reduction came from an independant lab. But I digress, Im no fanboy. If I get it and it sucks or doesnt do what it claims to do it will be right back out the door. After studying it I think it may be a true inovation, but only trigger time will tell.

Well.... I payed no where near 3k. It was within a couple hundred of my PS90. Muzzle rise even in semiauto is important in an effective cartridge. Keep in mind the climb reduction came from an independant lab. But I digress, Im no fanboy. If I get it and it sucks or doesnt do what it claims to do it will be right back out the door. After studying it I think it may be a true inovation, but only trigger time will tell.

fair enough was being VERY cautious not to imply that ;) I am interested.. I am even interested at $1k but i think thats my threshold for something "cool"...

I am interested in what you think of it once you get it...

Who cares what it costs! People buy 3000 dollar 1911's all the time and I go out and buy the cheapest one around (600 dollars for a ParaUSA GI Expert) and I'm happy. Now, if I could afford a 3000 dollar 1911, or AR, or whatever then I will.

Shane, good luck with that bad boy and my offer stands about doing gun reviews and posting them here. I am willing to LEND you my Beretta for the project.

Dammit Shane - you have all the cool toys!

I like the idea of this little comparison you guys are talking about. If someone has a Ruger PC4 to throw into the mix of pistol caliber carbines, that would round out the collection nicely. Too bad the Marlin Camp Carbines don't come in .40. Actually, it's too bad that all these guns are in .40 instead of 9mm since I have no interest in .40.. but that's just me and my peculiarities :D

Dammit Shane - you have all the cool toys!

I like the idea of this little comparison you guys are talking about. If someone has a Ruger PC4 to throw into the mix of pistol caliber carbines, that would round out the collection nicely. Too bad the Marlin Camp Carbines don't come in .40. Actually, it's too bad that all these guns are in .40 instead of 9mm since I have no interest in .40.. but that's just me and my peculiarities :D

What do you mean? My Cx4 and Tim's Kel-Tec is in 9mm. Shane's Kriss is in 45acp. I don't know what his other carbines are though. BTW, anyone got an AR in 9mm?

Doh... insert foot in mouth. That's what I get for only skimming the comments. I thought all the guns mentioned were in .40 for some reason :oops:

Ruger PC9/4: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_Police_Carbine

Marlin Camp Carbine: http://www.notpurfect.com/main/campgun9.htm

I have a Ruger PC-9 that could be contributed towards the effort. It is easily one of my most favorite guns, and super accurate too.

I was kicking myself when I saw one for sale here too late and missed out on it. Actually, weren't you the one that bought the one that was for sale here a few months ago? :lol: dam you!

I have a Ruger PC-9 that could be contributed towards the effort. It is easily one of my most favorite guns, and super accurate too.

I was kicking myself when I saw one for sale here too late and missed out on it. Actually, weren't you the one that bought the one that was for sale here a few months ago? :lol: dam you!

Nope. I was the one who sold it then regretted the sale so much that I went out and bought another one before the first one even shipped. The consolation I can take is that I got a great price on the new one and my it uses the Ghost ring sights (although I have it off now because it blocks my red dot).

I was trying to find one with the ghost rings for a while without much luck, and since my gun buying is on hiatus for the moment, I'm hoping I have better luck when the search resumes.

It really depends what you want it for. If you are trying to shoot paper at 25yards, I think the regular iron sights version is better. If you are just out fun shooting outdoors, the ghost ring rocks. I bought a cheap red dot sight and I think I'm getting the best of both worlds.

I know the regular sight versions are easier to find on GunBroker and the like. If Ruger would make that gun again and market it to the public (maybe even make it compatible with Glock mags), I swear it would be a huge seller. I have several people on this forum asking me to sell it to them if I ever get rid of it.

I'm actually surprised it didn't sell better when it was still being made. But yeah, I completely agree. They should definitely bring it back.

ETA: And of course, now that I'm on a "buying hiatus" there's 2 ghost ring models for sale on gunbroker! :(