Sign in to follow this  
matt6669

Ahhhhhhh

well chad.... dont forget Obama is going to give you a $6,000 credit if you hire an employee who has been laid off for more than 60 days, and keep them on your books until the end of the year. Only thing though, they need to make at least $106k a year. :clap:

No no no Maks, I have already done my work in the trenches job. I have also worked with my body as well and this is why I went to college and I am finishing my degree. I have no need to do these entry level jobs.

Thats why I am moving straight into the managerial position because I already have the entry level training done.

A degree doesn't mean you won't start at entry level, especially in this economy.

I already have 6+ years into the business of the Architectural side along with 3+ years on the construction side of things as well.

I doubt I am going to have a hard time finding work in a year when I get out of college. I already have some full time offers in the Northern Jersey area which I have turned down due to school and wanting to move.

well chad.... dont forget Obama is going to give you a $6,000 credit if you hire an employee who has been laid off for more than 60 days, and keep them on your books until the end of the year. Only thing though, they need to make at least $106k a year. :clap:

Is that true?? I hadn't heard that one yet. WOW. :roll:

Unreal

No no no Maks, I have already done my work in the trenches job. I have also worked with my body as well and this is why I went to college and I am finishing my degree. I have no need to do these entry level jobs.

Thats why I am moving straight into the managerial position because I already have the entry level training done.

A degree doesn't mean you won't start at entry level, especially in this economy.

I already have 6+ years into the business of the Architectural side along with 3+ years on the construction side of things as well. You are 24...you started architecture at 15?

I doubt I am going to have a hard time finding work in a year when I get out of college. I already have some full time offers in the Northern Jersey area which I have turned down due to school and wanting to move.

Is that true?? I hadn't heard that one yet. WOW. :roll:

Unreal

it is the new jobs bill that will likely get passed in a week or so.

Extends unemployement benefits, more money towards transportation fund, and that tax credit for hiring people. What it is, is you dont have to pay the 6.5% employer contribution towards Social Security Tax, as long as employee is hired at over 106k.

I've heard of a lot of people dumbing down their resumes so that they could get jobs at places like target as a manager b/c they couldn't find work.

Companies are hiring I know that for a fact. They are hiring people based more on experience and how the person handles themselves as opposed to what degrees they have.

I'm on monster usually every other week and the list of Construction management positions keep getting longer and longer. And I could apply for 2/3's of them once I get my BS as I already have well above the required work experience they are looking for.

And no Keith, I worked at the Architecture firm and for a construction outfit at the same time. I got my Architecture job fresh out of HS and been there since. Plus I also worked at a cabinet place starting when I was either 14 or 15 I can't remember.

I've heard of a lot of people dumbing down their resumes so that they could get jobs at places like target as a manager b/c they couldn't find work.

Companies are hiring I know that for a fact. They are hiring people based more on experience and how the person handles themselves as opposed to what degrees they have.

I'm on monster usually every other week and the list of Construction management positions keep getting longer and longer. And I could apply for 2/3's of them once I get my BS as I already have well above the required work experience they are looking for.

And no Keith, I worked at the Architecture firm and for a construction outfit at the same time. I got my Architecture job fresh out of HS and been there since. Plus I also worked at a cabinet place starting when I was either 14 or 15 I can't remember.

companies are laying off 100k a year jobs and hiring 50k a year youngins to do the same job... alot of my clients in construction management were laid off... and not much action.

that wasn't me dude.

companies are laying off 100k a year jobs and hiring 50k a year youngins to do the same job... alot of my clients in construction management were laid off... and not much action.

Exactly...and guess what, when it comes time for those youngins to make 100k after a few years, guess where they will be. Settled down with a wife, kids, house living comfortably with 100k a year, then blammo. It is a revolving door. Happens every day. Employee loyalty is a thing of the past.

I sorry Keith, I thought that said Keith I was looking way to fast.

The problem with construction management and the people who were doing the jobs that have been doing it for a while is, they are soooooooo behind in the technology.

The future of construction management rests in BIM. If you don't know what BIM is, no one is going to hire you. It's already been proven that BIM will save you money in the long run and will allow large scale projects to run closer to on time than if they were run without it. The concept of BIM for the most part dummned down is, you literally build the building in a 3d world. You put the steel in, you add your walls, you put your hvac ducting in etc. You weed out all of your stupid problems like oh hey look that duct is trying to go through that structural steel beam, we need to change that.

These old times havn't a clue how to even process this stuff and the amount of training that a company would have to put that person through to get them to accept this new technology is just not worth it when they have a younger generation who have been working in assistant manager position so they have some experience and they understand this new technology. They can hire them for 60k starting and in a few years they will be well over 100k.

When we meet for some Rutt's Hut!!??

I know your fat a** LOVES that place!

Anyway...what is this place???

GENOOOOOOS all the way bro!

Sorry I deleted your other post in my MBC thread, no trolling!!

And I don't know what Genoooooo's is, but Rutt's hut is just plain ole awesome. Next time your in the clifton area, please call me so we can go. I will even leave my class in the middle to just go!

hahaha you suck, that was a good post! ;)

I knew you were going to delete that hahahaha

Dude, you never had a geno's cheese steak? Pats? ORIGINAL philly cheese steak? OMG, you really have not lived. That is the reason we are really going to our NJGF PA trip. I'm usually good for 3 or 4 of em.

markshields.com-genos-vs-pats-cheesesteaks-philadelphia-pa-3231.jpg

hahaha you suck, that was a good post! ;)

I knew you were going to delete that hahahaha

Dude, you never had a geno's cheese steak? Pats? ORIGINAL philly cheese steak? OMG, you really have not lived. That is the reason we are really going to our NJGF PA trip. I'm usually good for 3 or 4 of em.

markshields.com-genos-vs-pats-cheesesteaks-philadelphia-pa-3231.jpg

Matt Does Suck.. but omg Chad.. is that your picture? I'm usually good for 3 or 4 of them too.. then you need to bring a bag of Genos home too! I ate one on a NJ Transit Train on a Sunday morning once. Everyone was like omg I want that.

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

th_MVI_0025.jpg

A saturday or a sunday?

Wednesday.

Eddie, That is not my photo but it sure as hell made my stomach growl when I saw it. Goooooood stuff man. I feel for those who have never shared in the experience. When we going?

IDK.. I want to go tonight.. lolz

Before the baby, my wife and I would make routine midnight trips to PA lol. (for those who are not aware, Pat's King of Steaks and Geno's Steaks, which are directly across the street from each other, are both open 24 hours.)

They are going away on vacation next week for two weeks....I'll be able to go then!

Goooooooooood things come to those who wait I guess. ;)

Before the baby, my wife and I would make routine midnight trips to PA lol.

They are going away on vacation next week for two weeks....I'll be able to go then!

Goooooooooood things come to those who wait I guess. ;)

Before my GF and I got retarted we would go like once every two weeks or so. Now we are old and just talk about how we forgot to defrost the chop meat.