SpecOps2087

evil features, is this true?

I read this in another forum and was wondering if there is any truth to it:

"New York and other N/E states have aspects that are more restrictive, but take New Jersey for example... they can have up to two "evil features" on an AR and still have a detachable magazine (note, bayo lug is an evil feature per NJ, since they follow the guidelines of the federal ban)."

I was under the impression a detachable mag was an "evil feature" here in NJ? I hope it's not as I would like to keep my adjustable stock actually adjustable

Detachable magazine is not an evil feature. The "Evil Features Lists" applies IF the rifle has a detachable magazine.

A semi-automatic firearm should be considered to be

"substantially identical," that is, identical in all material respects, to a named assault weapon if it

meets the below listed criteria:

i. A semi-automatic rifle that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least

two of the following:

(1) A folding or telescoping stock;

(2) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;

(3) A bayonet mount;

(4) A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash

suppressor; and

(5) A grenade launcher;

http://njsp.org/info/pdf/firearms/06240 ... 13ch54.pdf

Basically, on an AR Rifle, the pistol grip is your 1 allowed evil feature unless you get one of those "California Style" one piece stocks.

I would like to keep my adjustable stock actually adjustable

Since your pistol grip is one evil feature, you're done. One more, like your collapsible stock, and you have entered the "prohibited zone". You need to pin your stock. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I read this in another forum and was wondering if there is any truth to it:

"New York and other N/E states have aspects that are more restrictive, but take New Jersey for example... they can have up to two "evil features" on an AR and still have a detachable magazine (note, bayo lug is an evil feature per NJ, since they follow the guidelines of the federal ban)."

I was under the impression a detachable mag was an "evil feature" here in NJ? I hope it's not as I would like to keep my adjustable stock actually adjustable

Detachable mag is not evil as said, however once you hit two evil features it becomes illegal, therefor you can only have one.

that makes so much sense. because having a bayonet on your gun makes it that much more deadly. i cant tell you how many times ive heard 'fix bayonets' during a drive by.

I know I rather have a bayonet coming at me then a loaded gun so what's the reasoning behind banning it? Stupid ban (just like all the other "evil" features)

that makes so much sense. because having a bayonet on your gun makes it that much more deadly. i cant tell you how many times ive heard 'fix bayonets' during a drive by.

I know I rather have a bayonet coming at me then a loaded gun so what's the reasoning behind banning it? Stupid ban (just like all the other "evil" features)

The collapsible stock "evil feature" is equally ridiculous in scope, as you can pin the stock at any length along its adjustable plane. Therefore you can pin it at its shortest setting, or its longest, and anywhere in between. However if you were able to adjust it?? CRIMINAL!!!!!!!

The collapsible stock "evil feature" is equally ridiculous in scope, as you can pin the stock at any length along its adjustable plane. Therefore you can pin it at its shortest setting, or its longest, and anywhere in between. However if you were able to adjust it?? CRIMINAL!!!!!!!

+1,000,000

the issue is once again the disconnect between the intent of the law and how it ended up being written.

The intent was to ban assult rifles, as there were a few civilian versions.

The big one is not collapsible stocks, but rather folding stocks, ie take an AK, with a underfolding stock. easily concealed.

but yeah.... pin the stock. lol.

the issue is once again the disconnect between the intent of the law and how it ended up being written.

The intent was to ban assult rifles, as there were a few civilian versions.

The big one is not collapsible stocks, but rather folding stocks, ie take an AK, with a underfolding stock. easily concealed.

but yeah.... pin the stock. lol.

Well.. i could just take the stock off.. and it would still be legal ;)

we all know what this is really about. it has nothing to do with making a gun 'more concealable' with a collapsible stock, or a bayonet lug, or flash suppressor. its the scumbag government taking freedoms away from us, bit by bit. having a bayonet sure as hell doesnt make a gun more deadly. youre not going to hide an AR so much easier with a sliding stock. and you sure arent going to hide in the dark with a flash suppressor. im sure the deafening cannon-like report of an AR will give you away. its just them taking and taking from us, and once they take, you never get it back.

the pistol grip is your 1 allowed evil feature unless you get one of those "California Style" one piece stocks.

There is another alternative to the California 1-piece wooden stock; you can use the Hammerhead stock adapter to eliminate the pistol grip and fit your rifle with a different evil feature of your choice:

IMG_7465.JPG

CP005.JPG

Alternatively you may be prepared to make the case that this adapter by itself is not a pistol grip:

CP002.JPG

CP006.JPG

-Mark

Exile Machine LLC

Fort Worth TX

http://www.exilemachine.com